Goodbye to WA riverside luxury

You get the Porsche as well as views

Million-dollar panoramic Canning River views, furnishings and a luxury Porsche convertible are all part of the deal in the sale of a Salter Point home.

Owners Peta Roby and Nic Notley - who both executive produce the dance spectacular stage show Burn the Floor - are selling their Perth base and moving to a villa in Italy that was once the summer residence of a bishop of Milan.

Increasing work commitments in America and Europe have forced the couple to make the hard decision to sell their Sulman Avenue home of more than 17 years. "With our work and travel overseas we are rarely here," Ms Roby said.

"We did not spend one month in Perth last year," Mr Notley said.

I saw that - hardly a 'news' article. Price very reasonable so I wouldn't call that luxury!!

Seems it's a slow news day every day lately

I saw that - hardly a 'news' article. Price very reasonable so I wouldn't call that luxury!!

I was going to say 'that's just Perth' (slow news day), but why not talk about the Fringe Festival or the other awesome cultural things that are going on in Perth over the summer?

I don't exactly see myself as a low wage earner or relatively poor but if someone selling their house in my pricerange hit the news I think I might recognise that maybe I've achieved a lot, and either shout about it or keep quiet. I imagine this property would be deemed as luxury to a great many people.

I don't exactly see myself as a low wage earner or relatively poor but if someone selling their house in my pricerange hit the news I think I might recognise that maybe I've achieved a lot, and either shout about it or keep quiet. I imagine this property would be deemed as luxury to a great many people.

Ah yes I didn't quite mean it that way. At $1.4m it is still very expensive but not in a Dalkeith millions type of way. It just seemed like an odd thing to write a news article about to me. Certainly it will help them sell the property though and is great free advertising.

Ah yes I didn't quite mean it that way. At $1.4m it is still very expensive but not in a Dalkeith millions type of way. It just seemed like an odd thing to write a news article about to me. Certainly it will help them sell the property though and is great free advertising.

True, it was a filler I guess.

Its just a marketing ploy, perhaps someone will think they are buying a dream lifestyle

This has been done before in Perth, some years ago now.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the Porsche was an old model, does this count?? I don't know, I don't own a Porsche, sucker born every day I guess.

Lets see if it sells:)

Its just a marketing ploy, perhaps someone will think they are buying a dream lifestyle

This has been done before in Perth, some years ago now.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the Porsche was an old model, does this count?? I don't know, I don't own a Porsche, sucker born every day I guess.

Lets see if it sells:)
It says it's a 1998 model which is worth 15-20k now.

They often do this thing in Domain, even with properties worth this price. Not my thing, but whatever :)

Pfft $1.4m - welcome to Sydney. Totally not newsworthy unless you're drumming up interest for an auction as to how cheaply you can pick up this place.

It says it's a 1998 model which is worth 15-20k now.

They often do this thing in Domain, even with properties worth this price. Not my thing, but whatever :)

I would say that whoever the buyer bought the house with the Porsche might make a loss instead of gain, unless they sell it straight away, think about the maintains of the old Porsche!!

Pfft $1.4m - welcome to Sydney. Totally not newsworthy unless you're drumming up interest for an auction as to how cheaply you can pick up this place.

We talked about this, how it would appear cheap to people from the east coast. Pity there's no pictures of the views

Unfortunately, we get numbed by reality over here. Trying to find respectable digs in the sub-$1m market is nigh on impossible unless you are prepared to live in suburbs with postcodes starting with 21XX ;)

Back