Goods & Services that Have Risen in Price Due to The Carbon Tax

Expected.......However it is guaranteed to costs billions of dollars and make many people richer and even more, even richer in the process. It's not about the environment, that's just the catalyst used to create another stream of income funneling through to the filthy rich and another way to increase taxes.

Yes it is the holy grail where people actually want to pay more tax. It's unbelievable.

Are you serious Marc? sheeshh!!
About as serious as you with your comment that it's no big deal that she is imposing a several billion dollar cost onto Australian companies, and hasn't the slightest clue about whether or not it will have the desired effect that it is supposed to have.

I'd call that a big deal.

"Hey; everybody - I'm gunna tax the bejeezus out of these jokers to save the planet"

"yeah, but how much of a drop in temp will we get, Julia?"

"How the frick would I know? It doesn't matter, does it?"

i'd like to know the impact of the MRRT and the Carbon pricing scheme now BHP is starting to pull projects.

I can tell you now, CAT are also looking at a serious reduction in Australian presence.

Marc, thats ridiculous. She doesnt have to know the exact amount the earth will drop its temperature over some time frame.

Really clutching at straws now guys.

About as serious as you with your comment that it's no big deal that she is imposing a several billion dollar cost onto Australian companies, and hasn't the slightest clue about whether or not it will have the desired effect that it is supposed to have.

I'd call that a big deal.

"Hey; everybody - I'm gunna tax the bejeezus out of these jokers to save the planet"

"yeah, but how much of a drop in temp will we get, Julia?"

"How the frick would I know? It doesn't matter, does it?"

You been watching too many conspiracy movies. Just like the Making money out of thin air one. That is a classic of the loony conspiracy genre.

Expected.......However it is guaranteed to costs billions of dollars and make many people richer and even more, even richer in the process. It's not about the environment, that's just the catalyst used to create another stream of income funneling through to the filthy rich and another way to increase taxes.

i'd like to know the impact of the MRRT and the Carbon pricing scheme now BHP is starting to pull projects.

I can tell you now, CAT are also looking at a serious reduction in Australian presence.

CAT were going to set up an assembly line in Whyalla, ship the parts into Whyalla or via port adelaide, assemble, then truck them to Roxby Downs, obviously not for a while now. I heard this alone would have created plenty of jobs for Whyalla locals.

You been watching too many conspiracy movies. Just like the Making money out of thin air one. That is a classic of the loony conspiracy genre.

We wouldn't even be talking about this subject today if big business weren't going to make huge profits out of it. Look how many Billions have been wasted on schemes that have fizzled out to nothing, someone has made money here straight from the tax payers or how many commissions are paid every time carbon credits are traded. It's all about big business. That's what annoys me, we are going to pay all this money and all it will do is create a huge industry & nothing to do with the helping the environment.

Like what?

The wasted money on Carbon Capture is just one at $2.7 billion....HERE!

& there are many more, I make a mental note every time I hear on the news or the radio of another failure, more wasted money. The Australian Renewable Energy Agency and Clean Energy Finance Corporation will between them distribute over $13.2 billion in the next 2 years to green energy start-up programs and majority of them don't work. What else could we be doing with this money.

See attached Labor's amendment to the Carbon Tax should the next election be a hung parliament and they need to buy the Greens off once again.

Attachments

• Cost to breathe.jpg
    Cost to breathe.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 63
I see the normal pattern of discussion on Somersoft is being followed here.

1. Statement made.

2. Statement disagreed with.

2a. Either outright rubbished, or
2b. Ask for more clarification.

3. Examples given.

4. Further examples and clarification belittled.

4a. Either outright ridiculed, or
4b. Personal invectives invoked, or
4c. Out come the labels, or
4d. Person disappears for a while, pops up again days later saying the same thing.

5. Start new thread and repeat.

I think in this little sequence we've seen ;

danc has used the ol' { 1, 2b, 3, 4d } combination, whereas
evand employed his usual { 1, 2a, 3, 4c } combo.

Well done fellas.

Time to move onto step 5.

Marc, thats ridiculous. She doesnt have to know the exact amount the earth will drop its temperature over some time frame.
I don't know about you, but most people would really like to know that if there is going to be a tax generated to impact on some of the biggest compaines operating in the Country, which will most likely have an impact on other areas of the economy in the form of higher costs - for everyone - there is going to be some benefit from it.

Julia says it will reduce the Earth's temp, we will all be better off.

So, we all say "Ok; accept that - now; how much will the temp drop by?"

She won't answer that question directly with even a guess. All she does is spin it with how much of a reduction in tonnes of CO2 there will be. It means absolutely nothing, and means the whole entire reason for the tax is a waste of taxpayers time and money - YOUR time and money, and may send more producing companies elsewhere, or scale down production etc - more jobs gone to say the least..

You don't care, and palm it off with glib cr@p statements. Why would you not care?

So, scientists were then asked what the temp drop might be over the next say; 50 years.

Their best estimate was maybe 1/4000th of a degree. Is it possible to even measure that?

Now, do you call that a good reason for the tax? If not, then what would be your good reason then?

If you do, then we are all doomed as an intelligent race, because I thought you were one of the more intelligent of the species.

Really clutching at straws now guys.
Indeed.

Meanwhile, all the rhetoric, money, air time, interviews, discussion and god knows what else on the subject by her and all the other oxygen thieves on The Hill could have been better spent on building more schools or hospitals, passing some useful legislation, whatever.

And yet you still sit here and make the statements; "Oh; but it's not gunna affect your wallet directly you Lib whingers, so get on with it??!!" and "She doesn't have to know the answer" :eek:

Well; in my book - she bloodywell does need to know - and she doesn't.

Last edited:
That's all waffle. And you know why. Because Tony Abbott doesnt even know if he read a BHP report or not. No i didnt, yes i did, no i didnt.......(And thats the least of his bumbles lately as it seems every single thing he does lately is an absolute farce)

Let alone the exact temperature the world is going to change by from one countries' - ours - carbon tax.

Your political bias is seriously getting in the way of your common sense. If you want to know how much the earths temp will drop because of Australis carbon tax, do some research and get back to us.

Do i (or any other sane people) want to know the EXACT outcome from every legislation, tax and policy imposed on us by every and any govt? No. Why would we? That's just crazy. Almost as crazy as your assertion that someone planted tropical fish near Tassie and took a picture to prove the seas are warming.

And the reason its crazy, is because there is no substance to any of this Liberal scare mongering. Just empty craziness, lies, fear.....etc....

You are sounding more and more like Andrew Bolt every day mate.

Tony's days are numbered and the Liberals are all going down hill from now on. Here's an analogy. A football coach, a swimmer or an athlete times his performance to peak at the time of a big event. Like a grand final, a swim meet etc.

Tony and the Liberals have played their scare campaign too early and now its coming undone and there is still well over a year to the election. There is nothing left and the tide is turning. The media and the (intelligent) public have woken up to his dumb slogans, lies and fear mongering. And after that he (they) have nothing. ZIP.

Whereas Gillard has timed her run perfectly, she's let Tony blabber on like an idiot for 2 years and has stayed quiet. Now the real game begins and he's run out of puff. Only lies and dumb slogans that the silly public have lapped up like penguins.

Even the press has turned on Tony and the Liberals this last week. He's being exposed as the empty idiot he truly is. And as ive been saying all along he'll be the main reason Labor wins the election.

Maybe a better analogy would be Muhammad Ali's rumble in the jungle, rope a dope fight. Ali is Gillard and Tony is George Foreman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope-a-dope

Here's some morning reading, especially the last one:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...f-the-carbon-tax/story-e6freakc-1226457617348

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR-YsKrobV4&feature=share
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...k-as-gillard-returns-fire-20120824-24rr0.html

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8521617

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/memo-to-tony-abbott-20120824-24qm4.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzM8sHGrJDM

Last edited:
If you want to know how much the earths temp will drop because of Australis carbon tax, do some research and get back to us.
I already have; 1/4000th of a degree.....maybe. There's room for error in case I have under-estimated or over-exaggerated.

I reckon - and it's only an estimate based on this scientist estimate of 1/4000th of a degree - that if you were to get all those naughty CO2 producing companies world-wide to partake of the scheme, we might even get close to 1/2 of a degree drop in the next 50 years.

There ya go; easy.

Why doesn't Julia say even that?

I mean; it's only an estimate; she doesn't have to be right, and she doesn't even need to know, right? And she can always change her mind later.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Last edited:
Tony's days are numbered and the Liberals are all going down hill from now on.

That's not what the internal Labor Party polls are showing the Labor Party politicians....who are utterly petrified. You simply cannot lie to the Australian public just before an election and get away with it. They remember !!

Don't be surprised if Labor gets completely wiped out in both Qld and WA at the next Federal election. They are might unpopular.

I must admire you though, you flog that dead horse almost better than anyone I know. Sussex St union bosses would be very proud of you.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/14438455/leaked-polling-shows-labor-annihilation/

Back