Gorgon project.

Hi.
I have been investing in Victoria for the last few years and living in Karratha, now that the Gorgon project will go a head, my question is...

With such a huge project as this one and construction being on an island in the NW, where it is not possible to live. Therefore there expecting most workers to be postioned in Perth as a fly in fly out worker do you think its a smarter move buying property between the city and the airport or the city and the beach.
Will it make that much difference living 20mins closer to home when they return from work.
Thank you

I know people that live in Rockingham and are happy to fly in fly out. I think proximity to the city / airport is much less of an attraction for these folks than for most people, so in your example head to the beach!

I know people that live in Rockingham and are happy to fly in fly out. I think proximity to the city / airport is much less of an attraction for these folks than for most people, so in your example head to the beach!

Our son being one. Also many of his friends met through FIFO live -Rockingham, Golden Bay, Singleton, Secret Harbour, Mandurah, Hillarys, Mindarie, Two Rocks, City Beach etc, etc.

Beach seems to be the common denominator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perth Investor View Post
Our son being one. Also many of his friends met through FIFO live -Rockingham, Golden Bay, Singleton, Secret Harbour, Mandurah, Hillarys, Mindarie, Two Rocks, City Beach etc, etc.

Beach seems to be the common denominator.

I myself being a FIFO who lives in Rockingham prefer the beach. I have work mates who live in Denmark to Cairns and across to NZ so location is really not an issue but a personal choice.

Regards

Regrow

I myself being a FIFO who lives in Rockingham prefer the beach. I have work mates who live in Denmark to Cairns and across to NZ so location is really not an issue but a personal choice.

Regards

Regrow

Doesn't it ever get annoying though, having to show your passport each time as you cross the river....just to use the airport ;)

Lots of FIFO workers in Ellenbrook and the Vale as well, so not jus a coastal thing, the wineries,breweries, cafe's, vine's golf course etc must be the attraction

Back