Got told off for asking S32?

Yeh, they don't like handing it out as it has personal information about the vendors. The tend to only hand it out once you've seen the place, and are genuinely interested. It's also used to vaugely measure 'real' interest.

Cheers
AV

Then in that case tell them you are not interested and you will not be attending the inspection.

Yeah, I was thinking about the same, but didn't really go to such an extend as I don't wish to appear as "rude", hahah!!

hindsight, i should have said that!!!

by the sound of his attuide, it's like he was going to give me a trashing (a good talk down to) when he made that call, hmmmmmm, werid just werid,

in the end, he send me only a subset of the S32, hmmmmm??????!?!?!?

another question, don't agent scanned their S32 when they get it, and so it easier to email it around when they rcv emails who asked for it? It seemed like they would scan only when u request it - it 10 people requested for it, they would have to do it 10 times? I don't think they keep a copy/record after they scanned it,

Can't actually remember the last time I gave a RE a 'hardcopy' contract/S32. Mine, for a few years, have come straight from my solicitor in email format (hence goes straight to the RE my email)

Cheers.
AV

Now I seriously don't get it........
1) some of the S32 I got looks like they have been faxed
2) some of the agents are like, OMG I only got them in paper copies, I could post them to you.......

puzzled.......

Now I seriously don't get it........
1) some of the S32 I got looks like they have been faxed
2) some of the agents are like, OMG I only got them in paper copies, I could post them to you.......

puzzled.......

Some places haven't caught up with latest technology....

The Y-man

i had to get a fax number because some agents still don't offer it via email! I got a ip fax for like $1 a month which just sends it to my email as a PDF.

I had the same issue i am looking at some regional places and asked for the 32s and he said they don't send them out until inspections otherwise they would be broke from sending faxes i thought to myself i should sell these guys the internet ....

I managed to extract the section regarding easements, i don't think he understands he can save ~30 minutes time by me rulling it out from the 32 if there is anything in there that i don't like. Apparently him saying there is nothing scary in there is good enough DD for me.

I remember being told off for requesting that too.

This same agent used a manual typewriter to type up the contract. When I had a clause that I wanted added, she said "Oh I can't do that I don't have space on the page".

And this was the same agent who said that it was unnecessary to put the date in. Anywhere. On the entire contract.

This was in 2005 in case you think it 1975.

sorry for being vague what is the big deal about sighting a s32 does it out line easements and restrictions on the property?

Yes - amongst other things such as gas/elec connections/suppliers, copy of title, current mortgages/encumbrances/caveats, flood zones, building works carried out in the past 5 years - it is the "vendors disclosure" of all things that are thought to be relevant to the deal.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Yes - amongst other things such as gas/elec connections/suppliers, copy of title, current mortgages/encumbrances/caveats, flood zones, building works carried out in the past 5 years - it is the "vendors disclosure" of all things that are thought to be relevant to the deal.

Agreed.

There's the S32 section when it says "gas: not available, not connected".

btw, if it's not connected, how can I get gas in the property? Is it expensive to ask gas company to pull a pipe in?

How do S32's work with Strata Units with shared land only? Still worth requesting pre offer, assuming relavent clauses would be in contract to protect your interests?

This is the first I have heard of S32's (I assume this is part of my solicitors due dil.)...

How do S32's work with Strata Units with shared land only? Still worth requesting pre offer, assuming relavent clauses would be in contract to protect your interests?

This is the first I have heard of S32's (I assume this is part of my solicitors due dil.)...

They only have them in Victoria....

The Y-man

Agreed.

There's the S32 section when it says "gas: not available, not connected".

btw, if it's not connected, how can I get gas in the property? Is it expensive to ask gas company to pull a pipe in?

Depends how close their existing pipe is..... and whether the propoerty is a block of units or a house.

Sort of remembering some scary figures in the (many) thousands when we toyed with the idea of getting gas to one of our apartments... (could be wrong though...)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back