Gowanbrae Nth West Melb.

Hi All,

Has anyone looked at this small pocket located just 12 - 15k from Melb cbd. There are a couple of devolpers / builders selling there. One is Westwater Corporation, www.westwater.com.au. another is Hotondo plus others.

Blocks are of the smaller size. It has some valley views and a view to city skyline.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Watto

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Watto

Look up City of Moreland website [email protected] for factsheets regarding population, profiles and statistics.

Westwater has an excellent reputation. They do good quality infill developments. I noticed their banner on a site in the intersection of Springvale and Mitcham Roads recently. Their website will give you other locations to check their style, quality etc.

The area has excellent access via the Western Ring Road, Tullamarine Freeway etc. Compare new prices with eg Maribyrnong (for townhouses on cut-to-fit blocks)and Roxburgh Park (for new construction prices).

www.realestate.com.au will give you a good indication of rentals, although Glenroy may not have a lot of comparable new rental stock, there are smatterings around Pascoe Vale which should give you a rule of thumb.

If you are buying off the plan, your saving in stamp duty will pay for the bells and whistles, plus long lead time should ensure you have a tenant soon after settlement. If you are buying 'spec' stock, see if you can arrange courtesy access to organise window coverings and rental inspections prior to settlement.

I have had no direct contact with Westwater but the general opinion I have heard is that they are a good mob to deal with. Don't forget to do your own due diligence.

Cheers

Kristine

Last edited by a moderator:
Back