Granny Flat lease agreement

hi all

Wondering if someone can suggest or comment on how to word the lease of a granny flat. The intention is lease the main dwelling to our children for $x per week in addition to leasing the granny flat for $y per week to someone else. I'm trying to avoid going through a RE agent if I can. Any help is appreciated.

The leases for the house and granny flat are 2 x completely separate documents.

If the house is 19, then make the granny flat 19A. The lease for 19A specifically says it is for the granny flat only and not the main house at 19. It is also good to attach a plan of the block, colour coding the area of the granny flat which is exclusive use, and identifying any common areas such as a driveway.

If the house is 19, then make the granny flat 19A. The lease for 19A specifically says it is for the granny flat only and not the main house at 19. It is also good to attach a plan of the block, colour coding the area of the granny flat which is exclusive use, and identifying any common areas such as a driveway.

exactly the info i was chasing. many thanks.

Is it legal to use an 'A' after the street number even though it doesn't exist?

What if the tenant receives mail to 19A Smith St, where will the postie put this mail?

What if the tenant receives mail to 19A Smith St, where will the postie put this mail?

Posties are normally very good at judging where to put.
If there is no 19A, posties will put in 19. Then tenants will sort it out themselves.
If you can, put up another letter box with 19A on it.

You can ask the council to give your lot an alternate address of 19A - which you would effectively use for the GF.

That's what I did for my duplex pair on one title.

I am in the exact same situation. Thatbum, why do you have to go to the council? Can't you just stick a letter box out the front and be done with it? As long as there are 2 separate letter boxes clearly numbered the postie should be able to work out the rest.

Back