Granny Flats and Section 94 Contributions Explained

I had to pay Blacktown council $4747 last month before the Certifier could issue the approval for the granny flat. Last year the council did not charge me a fee for the same size granny flat, so I count myself lucky!! Both are two bed 60sqm designed by serge....

Yea, last year they didnt thave the lady in charge (Shall we designate here the S94 Nazi?).

Its a matter of luck if your Council charges it or not. Penrith is just down the road from your inv. property Vicki and as you know, there's no charge there.
Hey! its my Birthday! eeeeeek! 44.

Blacktown is closer to Ashfield than it is to Penrith - just...

No door and no built-ins on the floorplan sounds like a good way of turning a second bedroom into a study or extra living space. As devan said don't think a private certifier would have any issues with a minor change like an extra door.

Happy birthday

Thank you baby blue eyes :)

Just on the second bedroom as a study, we could draw them up showing an 'open doorway' or just omit the wardrobe. I cant see why omission of the wardrobe (on the Floor Plan) can possibly disqualify the second room from being tagged as 'STUDY'.

I'll try that on the next job. Actually nek is about to go through the approval process and he's with Auburn Council - they now charge per bedroom...

I'll do that and let you guys know how we fared. Fingers x. I just HATE clients paying this ridiculous fee. grrrrr!

They will chase you for it in Blacktown. They have an officer to do just this.

This has not happened yet. I have not paid since November last year when it was first issued.

I think there are too many applications compared to people that actually go ahead and build them for council to actively chase people for money?

This has not happened yet. I have not paid since November last year when it was first issued.

I think there are too many applications compared to people that actually go ahead and build them for council to actively chase people for money?

I think its because the S-94 Contributions Officer @ Blacktown was employed AFTER your job was approved...shhhh!:)

Possibly.. if they aren't chasing then I wouldn't be rushing to pay it! Whilst it is indexed, if you had the same money sitting there garnering interest you'd be ahead if they eventually came knocking.

Quick question Serge,

Is there an "expiry date" for my plans and certifications or a timeframe within which I have to obtain a occupancy certificate?

Is this from the date when everything gets approved by the certifier before build?

Thanks

Quick question Serge,

Is there an "expiry date" for my plans and certifications or a timeframe within which I have to obtain a occupancy certificate?

Is this from the date when everything gets approved by the certifier before build?

Thanks

Hi Simon,

You have 5 years from the approval date to call-in your final inspection by the Private Certifier for your Occupation Certificate.

Cheers,

Serge.

hey guys, does anyone know if hornsby council charges s94 for granny flats?

also say for example they dont charge s94 now, if i get it approved, i get 5 years to build

what if i get it approved now, but 2 years down the track they start charging it, will i have to pay even tho it was approved before that?

appreciate the feedback guys

also say for example they dont charge s94 now, if i get it approved, i get 5 years to build

what if i get it approved now, but 2 years down the track they start charging it, will i have to pay even tho it was approved before that?

Just read through this thread, the answer is definitely in here..somewhere.

No. Changes generally cannot be applied retroactively. Your consent has to be as per the date it was issued.

planning to build granny flat or a 3-4 BR house (not granny flat), as the land is nearly 900sqm in Liverpool council. anyone know if they charge the contribution?
ta

planning to build granny flat or a 3-4 BR house (not granny flat), as the land is nearly 900sqm in Liverpool council. anyone know if they charge the contribution?
ta

Hi mim168,
You can do a google-search for:
'Granny Flats and Section 94 Contributions Explained Liverpool' and it will link you to the page that has your info....

GUYS:
If you're looking for info on your specific Council's S94 Fees- instead of just asking here like the thread is going to magically spit out the answer, just Google this:
Granny Flats and Section 94 Contributions Explained YOURCOUNCIL

To be honest, its kinda rude to just pop in and spit out your Council name, expecting some minion to go finding it for you- I mean, there are around 50 Councils in Sydney, so how you'd expect someone to just know every one...well, you get my point :confused:

I agree with the google serach but I did that BEFORE I asked if anyone built in Liverpool area before (I do have a Master university degree so i am not stupid). I was not being lazy but hope to gain any info or experiences that others are willing to share, which I thought was what a forum was (maybe the forums that I joined is different???).
Anyway, will ring council next week as it seems like that no one have built within Liverpool council or that they have joined this forum not to help others...
And yes Dr Google is still the person to ask for help.
ta;)

I agree with the google serach but I did that BEFORE I asked if anyone built in Liverpool area before (I do have a Master university degree so i am not stupid). I was not being lazy but hope to gain any info or experiences that others are willing to share, which I thought was what a forum was (maybe the forums that I joined is different???).
Anyway, will ring council next week as it seems like that no one have built within Liverpool council or that they have joined this forum not to help others...
And yes Dr Google is still the person to ask for help.
ta;)

Sorry mim if i was a bit harsh.
Ive done maybe 4-6 granny flat approvals within the Liverpool LGA in the last 12 months and none of the clients reported having to pay section-94 contributions; but definitely check with them and please post it here.

I rang Wyong today. They will charge 10k- 15k for Section 94 contributions for a granny flat in THE ENTRANCE NORTH.

Anyone here have had experience of building a Granny Flat in THE ENTRANCE NORTH through Wyong council. The suburb are in flooded zone. Please share your knowledge. Thanks

Nope no S94 ; just built mine in Hornsby Council:p (get in tho before it changes:eek:)

Back