Granny Flats Perth

When lot is rezoned, do the sums on a full fledged development? As the GF will be modular, I envisage that I could either sell or relocate it. Factoring in depreciation and cash flow, I'm guessing it may break even after 10 years.

Lots of unknowns I know.... Just seeing if there's any sanity to my reasoning.

But it seems its developable within the 10 years? I don't know, I wouldn't probably want to put a GF on something I wanted to develop in the future.

But it seems its developable within the 10 years? I don't know, I wouldn't probably want to put a GF on something I wanted to develop in the future.

The property is develop-able (r30 triplex) now (although difficult because it needs to be survey strata, which I understand is more time consuming and costly than built strata). Needs to be survey strata to overcome some antiquated rule that City of Canning has requiring 25m frontage.

Anyways, I'm not in a position to develop it now, and from what I've read, there's a plan to rezone to r40. At that time, I'd re-evaluate.

In the meantime I'm considering building a GF to increase my overall rental yield. By my estimates, I'd be able to increase yield from 2.8% to 4.3%.

Just after thoughts as to whether this is a sound strategy.

In my opinion it's a terrible idea. If you've got the money to pay cash for a granny flat you've got the money to develop your site in some way, even if it's just to subdivide and sell the land.

I just don't see how bbuilding a granny flat is a better idea than either subdividing now (ssurvey strata isn't a difficult thing to do) or waiting for r40 to come in if it isn't too far away

When lot is rezoned, do the sums on a full fledged development? As the GF will be modular, I envisage that I could either sell or relocate it. Factoring in depreciation and cash flow, I'm guessing it may break even after 10 years.

Lots of unknowns I know.... Just seeing if there's any sanity to my reasoning.

No sanity:p

Seriously if you have a development site, why on earth would you build a g/flat when you can potentially make much greater gain by subdividing

The property is develop-able (r30 triplex) now (although difficult because it needs to be survey strata, which I understand is more time consuming and costly than built strata). Needs to be survey strata to overcome some antiquated rule that City of Canning has requiring 25m frontage.

Anyways, I'm not in a position to develop it now, and from what I've read, there's a plan to rezone to r40. At that time, I'd re-evaluate.

In the meantime I'm considering building a GF to increase my overall rental yield. By my estimates, I'd be able to increase yield from 2.8% to 4.3%.

Just after thoughts as to whether this is a sound strategy.

I'm going to go against the grain and say I would look into something similar but not a GF.

Why not build a R30 compliant villa that would also fit in future R40 scenario. I wouldn't strata it at all though so it can be changed later.

For example if you put it in the furthest rear location and got an imaginary 220sqm lot and built on it but it complied with it also being a R30 sized block.

Then when R40 goes through you demolish front house and build the 3 others.

I wouldn't do transportable as banks won't lend against it so you'll need to pay cash for it.

I'm going to go against the grain and say I would look into something similar but not a GF.

Why not build a R30 compliant villa that would also fit in future R40 scenario. I wouldn't strata it at all though so it can be changed later.

For example if you put it in the furthest rear location and got an imaginary 220sqm lot and built on it but it complied with it also being a R30 sized block.

Then when R40 goes through you demolish front house and build the 3 others.

I wouldn't do transportable as banks won't lend against it so you'll need to pay cash for it.

Thanks for your thoughts Westminster.

Your proposal to build an r30/r40 complaint villa without subdividing sounds interesting. I didn't know that was possible... Do you have any idea who I'd talk to about this?

bin fees

In regards to the bin fee's, I've just recently got my hands on a spare bin.

I've been putting it out the front with my two other bins for about 4 weeks now and it's been getting emptied each week.

Unless its a mandatory fee that needs to be paid, i would avoid it and try source a second hand bin..

Back