Great Book

Hi

I bought a new book a week or so called "It's easy to be a property millionaire" with Craig Turnbull.

I've only read abt a third of the book, but, I strongly recommend it to anyone starting this wonderful journey of property investing.

Enjoy the read, I certainly am!

Dale

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Dale,

I totally agree with your comments. I am just about to read it again for the second time.

A must for everyone aspiring to great wealth.

Rae

Reply: 1.1

I'm halfway through reading Turnbull's book too and I'll second/third the comments on this book. A very good read.

And he's based in Perth!

cheers, Tony

Reply: 1.1.1

Howdy there,

is the book detailed? or is it for beginners?

I have read Jan's books & found them to be excellent & have read various others (ie. O'riely's one, Property Power, etc.), sorry but forget author names/titles (books are home to look at names)...

Is it based on the Australian market?

I should probably say that I dug up Jan's second-last book (Story-by-Story with 101 stories from investors) & tried getting my wife to read it, who "HATES" to read any investment books... you guessed it, she is hooked on it & talks to me about some of the stories she found fascinating... I think I'm now on a winner getting my wife to understand IP investment better than relying only on me...

Cheers,

Manny.

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Hi Manny!

Both, I would say. The fellow is in Western Australia and it is dated 2002 and so current.

I'm only abt 1/3rd through the book but he gives a lot of great material and I think that both new and experienced investors will benefit from the read.

I certainly have.

Dale

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Hi Dale,

thanx for that... I'll go out & get it...

Cheers,

Manuel.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.2

Hi Dale

Did you buy it through API's business mall or is it available in the bookstores?

Cheers
N.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.2.1

Hi Nigel!

I bought it through API's business mall.

Dale

Reply: 1.1.1.1.2.2

It is available through (some) stores. I bought it in Hornsby.

Reply: 2

Dale,

I hate to take the other side on this one.

I had recently read a few books. Rolf de Roos' book I found to be very goo- it kicked me into action again, and that helped me to find my last property- cash flow positive in a growth area.

I may have become a bit jaded by books though.

This book I thought became a bit of a rehash of other books.

A friend who read it thought that it had a lot of cut and paste.

It might be just that after 4 or 5 books on the same subject, there's not a lot of new stuff mentioned.

It is the only book though which mentions wraps and flips. But that's just a teaser for his next book- was it "Property Billionaire"?

I actually learnt a lot more from your Tax Battles manual. It was better value for me paying $99 for that than $30 for the Millionaire book.

There was a good, but brief, section on negotiating- but Wayne Berry's "How to get the best deal every time" covered negotiating in a great deal of depth.

Geoff

Reply: 2.1

Hi Geoff!

>I hate to take the other side
>on this one.

That's the whole point of this forum, to share information, ideas and opinions.

>I had recently read a few
>books. Rolf de Roos' book I
>found to be very goo- it
>kicked me into action again,
>and that helped me to find my
>last property- cash flow
>positive in a growth area.

Funny, I have found deRoos' a little one dimensional and not a lot of new thoughts or ideas. I enjoy his stuff, and find it incredibly inspirational, just nothing new.

>I may have become a bit jaded
>by books though.

It does get that way.

>This book I thought became a
>bit of a rehash of other
>books.
>
>A friend who read it thought
>that it had a lot of cut and
>paste.
>
>It might be just that after 4
>or 5 books on the same
>subject, there's not a lot of
>new stuff mentioned.

When reading it, I thought how powerful the information was for new investors as it is often those people who post on his forum looking for the next step to take. For them, this book is ideal.

>It is the only book though
>which mentions wraps and
>flips. But that's just a
>teaser for his next book- was
>it "Property Billionaire"?

I haven't got that far yet . . . sorry, I just haven't had a lot of time as my kids have re-discovered the game of chess.

>I actually learnt a lot more
>from your Tax Battles manual.
>It was better value for me
>paying $99 for that than $30
>for the Millionaire book.

Thank you, that is very kind.

>There was a good, but brief,
>section on negotiating- but
>Wayne Berry's "How to get the
>best deal every time" covered
>negotiating in a great deal of
>depth.
>
>Geoff

Thanks, Geoff, I appreciate your insights.

Dale

Reply: 2.1.1

Dale,

Let me join in and disagree with you. I have read several books on RE and found that several ideas mentioned by Dolf de Roos were quite original (I have not read them other places) and the ones I have used until today, have also worked. I think that his book is one of the basic books in my library as far as property is concerned. He is single minded on it (he also explains why he believes property is better than any other types of investment), he has never worked a day in his life in employment, which not many gurus - not even among the really successful ones - can say AND he did it after gaining a PhD in engineering and was offered a job, which he declined due to his RE deal!
The lives by his word and practices it from day one. His ideas are easy to copy and very practical.

Sorry mate, but I think we just have to disagree on this. You are still a fantastic guy and I have a great respect for you.

Cheers,

Tibor

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Hi Tibor

Thank you for your kindness. I think I failed to explain myself properly . . . I think deRoos is very good BUT I have heard him talk in various forums, books, tapes etc and he says the same thing every time and that is what I meant.

Otherwise, he is a legend and rightly deserves to be so.

Keep well

Dale

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Glenys

The book is called Real Estate Riches.
It has the same colouring as the Kiyosaki books as de Roos is part of Kiyosaki's team

Cheers Bob

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1

The book "It's easy to be a property millionaire" by Craig Turnbull is available at Bentley Library (WA). I have just reserved it.
Dale, thanks for the info .

Albena

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi

I came across Craig Turnbull's website a couple of months ago and registered for a free e-zine.

http://www.propertymillionaire.com.au

http://www.propertymillionaire.com.au/index.php

The e-zine that you receive by e-mail is a preface only. You have to link to his website to read the whole newsletter.

I've attached the last two e-zine editions as an example.
<p>
There is also a E-zine archive on the website going back to Dec 2001.
<p>
http://www.propertymillionaire.com.au/ezine.php?show=archive
<p>
Regards, Mike

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Those of you thinking of buying de Roos' book- if you went for his recent seminar during his Australian tour, save yourself the $20. I paid $20 to read the book, and paid him $70 to read it back to me during the seminar.

Like Dale said, he goes over the same stuff over & over. 90% of his speech during the seminar was repeated WORD FOR WORD from his book.

Back