great Rolling Stones special, Thurs 9.30, 2

Talking of Rolling Stones, anyone from Perth go to the concert last night.

Was listening to this on ABC, apparently it was sensational, for a couple of skinny old guys they still can kill it.

Kicking myself now.

We went last night. It was pretty awesome but some bits were too loud for my ears (must remember to turn my hearing aid off lol!)

I do think it's probably time for them to retire soon. They were good but I think they have been better.

Surprisingly Keith and Ronnie were allowed to smoke on stage. Ronnie smoked like a chimney and would even play guitar with a cigarette in his hands.

About time they retired, with all those cigarettes, booze and drugs I am surprised they are not dead.:eek:

MTR:)

Talking of Rolling Stones, anyone from Perth go to the concert last night.

Was listening to this on ABC, apparently it was sensational, for a couple of skinny old guys they still can kill it.

Kicking myself now.

Nope - but going to the one at Hope Estate. Must remember to ask hubby to bring some ear plugs home from work

That will be great Lizzi.... I've been on Elton John concert few years ago at Hope Estate... awesome experience!!

Have seen Rolling Stones twice, Sydney and Brisbane but not this year....

Still better and more active on stage then most of new bands around, wish I knew how they doing it :p

I went last night, up there with one of the best gigs ever.

$580 per ticket was not cheap but I don't regret it one little bit.

Mick is awesome and still has it even at 71.

weeeeeell ... it was a good concert ... and they still are able to "strut" with the best of them ... but ... was far from the best concert I've been to.

There was a whole series of songs in the middle - sung by Keith, as Mick left the stage - who no-one had heard of and the crowd was getting rather bored ... and with the hits, they would have super long "riffs" in the middle where I was starting to think "get on with the song".

I didn't realise they had so few actual hits.

Maybe because I was the only sober person in the place (asides from hubby and junior), after a day at work ... tho did manage to get a few whiffs of wacky baccy :eek:

There is no wrong or right answer when it comes to music, but fair crack !

The Rolling Stones were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989, and the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2004. Rolling Stone magazine ranked them fourth on the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time" list, and their estimated album sales are above 250 million. They have released twenty-nine studio albums, eighteen live albums and numerous compilations. Let It Bleed (1969) was their first of five consecutive number one studio and Live albums in the UK. Sticky Fingers (1971) was the first of eight consecutive number one studio albums in the US. In 2008 the band ranked 10th on the "Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists" chart. In 2012, the band celebrated their 50th anniversary

Funny though ,l haven't listened to the Stones in years and even then they weren't something l buy. My brother was into them and l use to think every time he played them , like em or not they were a great band no doubt about that one.
So l was in for the Hanging Rock concert, couldn't believe it cancelled.

Dunno , even though l've still never even owned one Stones album , l just felt for a band like the Stones, Hanging Rock , l mean it's gotta be a part of history one day and their last tour ever , go have some fun.
The tv show l was talking about , l love all kinds of stuff on any great band even if they aren't my thing and it was a great watch. It went back to their beginnings. Things that made and break them , showed them working and collaborating their songs , jamming great stuff.

Speaking of the Rolling Stones, I managed to see Mick Jagger play at the Corner Hotel in Richmond in 1989. Fantastic to be that close!!

Back