Great solicitor in Brisbane - conveyancing

Hi

I am planning to buy house and land package in Brisbane, and I need a solicitor who can look after the contracts and legal stuff in QLD. Please if anyone can suggest a good one. I am located in Sydney.

Thanks

Hi OP,

If you're looking for a fellow SSer - send a msg to Darryl, who poses as RPI on the forum. He's very responsive and I'm sure he won't mind at all for you just to contact him and see whether the services will be right for you.

Hope all goes well, cheers!

Thanks guys

Does he give discount to fellow SSers? The charge is quite premium, I understand it includes important disbursements.

Premium compared to what? I think they are quite reasonable. They are cheaper than what my firm would charge in most circumstances.

Thanks guys

Does he give discount to fellow SSers? The charge is quite premium, I understand it includes important disbursements.

Sorry no discounts on conveyancing. I don't give myself discounts on conveyancing either as the margins are very tight.

Our fees include all disbursements, settlement fees, banking, extensions, are run by a solicitor not a paralegal so legal advice is included.

Our basic package total price is less than the largest Conveyancing place's professional fees alone.

Watch out for most of the discount ones as they do not include a water meter reading to make their prices look low. No water meter reading means no ability to adjust for the water used by the seller prior to settlement. You might be in for a large bill, even more so if there was a leak.

A lot will also charge you extra for settlement, preparing contracts, advising on special conditions, non-BCC council searches, banking your excess funds afterwards or having to talk to solicitors, or a whole range of things.

Unfortunately the plus plus plus model makes it hard to compare what your total cost could be until the end, most times you won't know because you won't know if you need extensions or other things during the time.

Back