Greediness VS humanity...please read our nighmare story...who can advise?

If the buildings are damaged by an insured event covered by your policy....

Vaughan,

If that building was yours, you would not be covered.

The sudden discovery of "concrete cancer" does not constitute an 'insured event' in the eyes of the insurance company's solicitor who wrote the policy.

They would deem that to be a lack of maintenance over many years and/or decades.

You'd get nothing for the building, and therefore would also not be covered for loss of rent.

Paying your premiums and "having insurance" vs actually getting paid out by the insurance company is worlds apart. So far apart in fact, that massive insurance industries have sprung up all over the world to feed off the largesse. Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway being a prime example.

Thanks for your thought, yes it's all behind now...but the emotional turmoil is still very present in us, nothing can bring back the lost time with our first baby who became homeless a 2months old...not a very good start in life, I have to say ;)

In regards of the building, last we checked, a month ago, the people from the second storey returned to leave, while first and ground level (ours) were still vacant....

glad you are now more comfortable and safe.

wow those pictures look awful. would not like to own or live in that property.

the potential cost of repairs to that property look to be expensive. wonder how many units? would be a strata cost so shared costs and responsibility?

Please advise which policy offers the tenants cover for emergency accommodation.

I just read Allianz Landlord Insurance policy and I could only find something that covers the LANDLORD for loss of rent should the building become inhabitable. There is nothing about covering the tenant (which is maybe why it's called Landlord Insurance I guess).

Ok you are correct. Just checked and its my home contents cover that covers tenants for loss of accommodation.

Back