Greedy Investors

"HARD IS EASY BUT EASY IS HARD!

When you finished growing up and began to take control of the direction of your life, you had a lot of choices to make. Those choices led you to where you are today and what motivated you to make them goes right to the core of who you are and what you believe in.

Now unless I'm really way off the mark, I would suggest that the desire for pleasure, the avoidance of pain and the goal to have a rewarding life would have to be fairly high up on the list of influences that have shaped your life. Of course there are lots of other unique factors that go to make you 'you', but these three are fairly universal.

I used the title 'Hard is Easy but Easy is Hard' to highlight just how crazy life is. If you decide you want an easy life with no financial stress, clean comfortable surroundings and the ability to make choices to do what you like when you like, then the path you have to take and the decisions you have to make are NOT easy. An easy life is hard to achieve!

In contrast, if you just decided to take it easy after leaving school, then it's quite possible that you are living a harder life now than you would have preferred. In fact, the easier the life people seek, the harder it gets in a lot of ways. I would suggest that it is easy to end up living an extremely hard life sleeping in the gutter or on park benches and it's much harder to afford an easy life in a clean comfortable home with all the trappings and luxuries around you.

The work required to achieve the easy life is HARD, but the easy alternative is possibly much HARDER to endure. "

I love it... An easy life is hard to achieve

This quote really rings my bell! I want to achieve the EASY life. :p

Daniel Lee

I bought 3 properties last year. 1 off an elderly relative, 2 from REA's.

The 2 from REA's had been on the market for months, and had been picked over by many many FHB's as they are in that price bracket. I picked them up at a small discount because at the time no one wanted them. One had an existing tenant who has stayed on. The other was a DUMP that I have fixed up.

If no one else wanted them, how have I deprived a FHB of a house?

That's an important point. If all rental housing is run by a govt department, how hard do you think it would be to get repairs done? You certainly wouldn't have your own property manager, or landlord that you could call directly. Imagine the state housing office in your local shopping mall, taking a ticket and waiting a few hours to see someone to hand in your lease renewal form, it would be an absolute nightmare for tenants.

...the thing is the Jacks of the world can squeal and post to their own drumbeat, but it still doesn't achieve anything.. and from Jim (and a few mates) to the Jacks, said far more elonquently than I ever will:

......Our Obsession.

OO, I like your collection of sayings for successful living.

To those not able to get what some forumers have achieved one is surely better off reflecting and applying these modern proverbs (and abstain from mental negativity) if one wishes to attain the wealth (not just material) accumulated by these modern Solomons.

Answered an ad on a site similar to Gumtree this week.
He was asking for offers on a trailer/mobile home on a rented lot, to settle an estate.
I answered and offered $3 k, sight unseen. (I didn't really think he would )
He answered back and said he would take $4,500. (I didn;t think he would counter with this low of offer either...expected 10-20k)
We are looking at it this weekend.
If we buy it, i think we will offer it as "lease installment".Have someone pay us $500 month for the next 10 years.They be responsible for all maintenance and repirs.They also have to pay us the lot rent, insurance and taxes.

If someone takes us up on this offer, we will turn $4500 into $60k.Not a bad day's pay !!!

Hi kathryn d,
I have been reading your posts for some time and can no longer contain my curiosity...... so I have to ask you something.

Right, Ive taked to people, I watch the news and I've seen the pictures.... enough to know that it gets Bl**** cold over there in Canada. Soooo how the hell does someone survive the winter there living in a trailer with out turning into a popsicle? Do they have bathrooms in them (wouldnt want to be popping out to the communal facilities in the middle of a blizzard).:eek:

I get the impression you or hubbie are aussies living in Canada?

And are you talking about a rent to own arrangement for this trailer?

Sorry, I'm a little bit nosy. Feel free to tell me to mind my own buisness.:)

Last edited:
:p Mind your own Busines :p
Or not​
Its not a Caravan
The are a transportable home
they are 50-70-80 feet long, not the sort of thing to tow behind the corolla, they are moved on flatbed heavy haulers with safety vehicles in one piece for smaller ones or in two chunks and assembled on site to be 70*36 feet or other multiple of 18feet wide
ducted furnace ( In Aus Large enough to heat Nauru House or Centrepoint )
Yes we have indoor plumbing, one of ours has a jet spa, all have full baths
insulated to nth degree
Trailer parks,
as seen in The Traliler Park Boys,
one of our mobiles is in exterior shots of that show
are not caravan parks, they are privately owned suburbs

Ladylove has the misfortune to not be an Aussie, but we are rectifying that

Cold
Bloody Cold
I say old chap,the blasted weather has rendered my brass monkey incomplete​
*expletive deleted* cold
Whole string of asterisks cold
I and everybody else, have a pick for de-icing the windows before driving the car,, cold
minus 30c, town goes on the radio to say there is too much snow for the snowplows to clear cold
watch out for ice, steel spikes in winter tyres to grip the road cold

it gets a little chilly
havent had to dig out more than 5 feet in any one snowfall
course there might be 5 feet tomorrow again

Ahhh yes, now I see.
Never seen The Trailer Park Boys.

I remember having a Canadian on a trip I was on in Egypt in '97 who was talking generally about this and that and mentioned about "plugging her car in". I say "whoa, plug the car in?" :confused: "yes" she says "The car has an electrical plug that you plug into an electrical outlet so the radiator dosn't freeze" I say whaaaat? That would never have entered my realms of possibility in a million years but when I think of it, it does make sense.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I am taking this thread off topic, I apologise and steer back to the topic.

Francesco:
OO, I like your collection of sayings for successful living.

....and this is the thing, anyone of us can do this. If you choose so. The importance of such forums and sites, (such as somersoft) are great learning/sharing tools (for all of us).

Those quotes aren't idle words, they touch upon attributes of many an investor, whether they realise it or not. Some kids live in poverty and tough times and know no different, the old cycle goes around and around, they never see an opportunity to jump from the wheel.

Some do, and there is nothing more powerful, more searing an image on the brain...than that of people actually doing "stuff".

Real people investing in real property and repeat. Accumulating assets. Reinvesting, and repeat. It isn't rocket science, I'm no dipstick, more shrewd and streetsmart than degree smart, but clever enough..you still need to learn a bit of the ropes. Terms and phrases and procedure, structuring, finance stuff, listen to others stories and pick the bits and pieces and adapt to your own wants and needs.

I am not responsible for whatever percentage it is of any population that CHOOSES not to buy their own home.

I don't even own my own home.

I rent a house that no one else is prepared to live in, pay rent for, and I look after it like it is my castle. I share it with mice, spiders, sparrows, dust, rabbits and snakes and it's the most beautiful home I have ever lived in. I am very appreciative to have such a place to live and create so many wonderful memories.

If someone wants to do something bad enough, there is a way.

I have no intention of following my family into a life of drinking and smoking themselves to death, expecting society to care for me in my old age and to receive handouts from the government, any government....for whatever it is they provide handouts for these days.

I like extending my brain to be creative and invest so I, (and my immediate family), have a financially independent future and security ahead.

My astrocytes are working overtime, my glia are busy little multitaskers.

We are all born with neurons, glia and our own fair share of astrocytes, I am not responsible for those that choose not to utilise theirs. But if they find me and ask questions and show interest, then I am very happy to listen and share whatever it is, I can.

The meaning of my life is for it to be everything that it is capable of reaching ....and meaningful.:)

If no one else wanted them, how have I deprived a FHB of a house?
Yup. The place we bought last year was very very cheap, but "too hard". Noone wanted to fix it, and it was for sale for more than a year to prove it. Now it is a really gorgeous little cottage worth thrice the price we paid for it and would rent for twice our *combined* mortgage payments.

My other house is right there in FHB territory too (I'll take anything over $75k for it) but again, noone has bought it, so I guess I get to keep it as an IP. Put the ad up in the supermarket "house for rent - $110" today so we'll see what comes of it.

Back