green square sydney

we might be able to list all the cons about the OTP in green square, however the reality is different than what we thought... It baffled me..

the demand is so strong that for every new OTP , it almost certain it sold within weeks...

I knew a friend told me to buy a 2 bed new recently completed in green square around mid 2013 for 660. I did not ended up getting it. However it was resold recently for 850+

we might be able to list all the cons about the OTP in green square, however the reality is different than what we thought... It baffled me..

the demand is so strong that for every new OTP , it almost certain it sold within weeks...

I knew a friend told me to buy a 2 bed new recently completed in green square around mid 2013 for 660. I did not ended up getting it. However it was resold recently for 850+

You would have done well if you bought anything in Sydney in 2013, but someone who bought a house in Western Sydney (or pretty much anywhere in Sydney) for $660k in 2013 would be seeing far better gains than that OTP unit

I know 2 people who each bought 2b OVO apartments for over 1million. One without a car park. Expected rent about $800 pw. Apartments got snapped so quickly.

A measly 850k...Make that a cool million. 850 is chump change for Sydney. :p

Hhmmm chump change, dunno about that.

Look, demand is as ridiculous as 98% of OVO selling out in 24 hours - for now, sure.

But just wait until the remaining 10,778 or so apartments (of the 11,000 approved for the Green Square 'precinct') all dump on to the market. People will overpay initially but demand will cool a little as another couple thousand apartments ease on to the market.

I'm not saying Green Square is a poor location or purchase decision or anything, but just questioning the rates people are buying at, in the scheme of emerging supply, is all.

From an infrastructure perspective I think Green Square will be a disaster, though. From the approvals plans, train station upgrades (not much more scope for increased capacity) and a couple of cycleways added, it still won't ease the traffic jams there, not one bit. Hopefully people will take to cycling and squashed sardine train carriages, to work everyday, if they are living there!

"A fool is easily parted with his money"

Sorry, for the wise crack and in my limited time in the property investing adventure, I feel that its abit rich on how these couples are able to even be able to obtain a loan in the first place.

Surely there are other places you could select that are so much better!!

"A fool is easily parted with his money"

Sorry, for the wise crack and in my limited time in the property investing adventure, I feel that its abit rich on how these couples are able to even be able to obtain a loan in the first place.

Surely there are other places you could select that are so much better!!

Not according to the 98% of buyers of the units sold there.
They all think sydney is the shiit, and whilst I agree broadly with that, for what price....For those Prices there are far better buys with higher cg potential and also rental potential, I would have thought.

Back