Green title and zoning

I'm just wondering what the difference between a normal title and a green title? I've seen a few for sale, but after a quick search online haven't found anything helpful.

Also, are the zoning definitions aust wide or statewide? I'm trying to find out the difference between R30,R40 etc.

Thanks for any help

Jonezy

I think you will find that zoning interpretation will vary from state to state and then council to council within each state.

If you are interested in a property it is far better to go and see the local council or phone the planner and ask all the questions you can think of and write down the name of the person and their answers, this then becomes a reference for you.

As this info gets absorbed by the brain cells you usually find it creates even more questions so ring the council again, talk to the same person, and get them to explain the council's view.

Most councils are happy to help, so that the general public know what restrictions are on a property before they buy it. This way Council avoids legal fights and disgruntled ratepayers.

Good luck

R-Codes

Jonezy

The R-Codes originated from the number of properties per hectare (10000m2). ie. R30 in theory can have 30 per hectare. (ie. 333m2 each)

This has been modified slightly to suit single house or grouped dwelling and will also vary for battle-axe type developments. For full details for WA you need to refer to the table in R-Codes Publication. ($30 available from 10 William St , Perth)

eg. R30
single house min area 270m2
group dwelling min 270m2, ave 300m2
rear battle-axe block min 420m2

There are heaps of different R-Codes, eg R2-R160, but Perth residential lots normally are around R10, R20, R25, R30 or R40. Lot value per m2 is generally greater with increasing R value.

Your agent or local council should be able to tell you the zoning for a particular lot.

Hope this helps

Joe D

Back