Green Title costs

Hi,

I have a 3 bedroom house on the back section of a battle axe block in Applecross. The old house on the front section was recently purchased by a young couple who wish to demolish the house and build ( they say) a 2 story house on their section.

They have requested that I join them in having the current strata title sections re classified by subdivision as Green title.

As they are doing the developing (and at my age I have no intention of rebuilding my house) should I be responsible for half the costs of relocating the sewerage, power and water for their benefit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Colin

Hi,

I have a 3 bedroom house on the back section of a battle axe block in Applecross. The old house on the front section was recently purchased by a young couple who wish to demolish the house and build ( they say) a 2 story house on their section.

They have requested that I join them in having the current strata title sections re classified by subdivision as Green title.

As they are doing the developing (and at my age I have no intention of rebuilding my house) should I be responsible for half the costs of relocating the sewerage, power and water for their benefit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Colin

It might not actually be possible if your rear block doesn't meet the battle axe requirements for the zoning.

However if it did in this situation I would say 'I am currently happy with the way my block is but if you would like to convert to green title then I am happy for you to pay for it'.

You will get the benefit but there is no reason for you to pay for it unless it was something that you want to do which it doesn't seem to be.

Back