Green Title or Strata Subdivision - WA

Also, should you want to sell a strata lot you will need to supply the buyer with a s69 sales disclosure statement...about $660 last time we had one...

It all adds up;)

Boods

Grouped Dwelling - Green dome connection

Thanks for your response guys. I paid heardworks (@7000) and Green dome (@1300) eventhough I'm not subdividing, I think EITHER new building on back requires this OR the authorities are confused because there was green title subdivision application on this property earlier.

Anyway, if in future I want to subdivide it is paid for now.

Now, my front house has overhead line which need to go thro green dome. Western Power says me that they will disconnect the overhead lines once I provide electricians certificate that we've connected existing house thro' new green dome. But, about ten of the electrical companies I contacted tells me that they can not connect greendome to my existing house meterbox. So, I'm stucked there. Anybody knows electrician who can complete connection from Green dome to existing meterbox and provide certificate of work completion?

Thanks for your response guys. I paid heardworks (@7000) and Green dome (@1300) eventhough I'm not subdividing, I think EITHER new building on back requires this OR the authorities are confused because there was green title subdivision application on this property earlier.

Anyway, if in future I want to subdivide it is paid for now.

Now, my front house has overhead line which need to go thro green dome. Western Power says me that they will disconnect the overhead lines once I provide electricians certificate that we've connected existing house thro' new green dome. But, about ten of the electrical companies I contacted tells me that they can not connect greendome to my existing house meterbox. So, I'm stucked there. Anybody knows electrician who can complete connection from Green dome to existing meterbox and provide certificate of work completion?

mdesai,
You do not need a new green dome in all circumstances, only when there is no dome on one of the adjacent properties with available connenctions. Each dome is good for up to 4 connections from memory. You will still be required to pay for the new connection.
In relation to the electrician and meter box issue, the electrician will most probably have to upgrade your switchboard (new earth, RCD) once this is done, there should not be a problem.

Where you located?

Boods

Green dome to meter box connection

Boods,
My adjacent properties does not have Green dome, so I applied and WP provided one on my lot boundary. Since I'm putting new house on rear of existing old house, I paid for two connections. Now I need to connect existing house to Greendome, but no luck so far with electrician.

I'm in Como 6152.

Thx
Manoj

Greendome to existing meter connection

Ausprop,

What was approximate cost of just connection from Greendome to existing meter? I've about 6Meter setback so about 10M cable lay + trenching.

I contacted 6-7 electrical companies/electricians but there response was - they can not connected in to live mains, Western Power only can do it. WP says my contractor should completed the work and provide certificate then they will disconnected overhead lines.

i think i paid about $1400. he made a time with WP and they both turn up together and they do the cut over... i wasnt actually there but thats how it was explained to me

the comments from the sparkies you have rung are truly bizzare.

i think i paid about $1400. he made a time with WP and they both turn up together and they do the cut over... i wasnt actually there but thats how it was explained to me

the comments from the sparkies you have rung are truly bizzare.

Yep, this is how it happens. Sparkie trenches, lays the cable to the dome, WP linesmen rock up to perform discon/recon, sparky connects to dome, WP linesmen take overhead down once new connection is live.
Anywhere between $1000 and $2500 is the norm for the job.

mdesai - try Holden's Electrical Contracting 9459 1538 - I know they do it.

Boods

As a builder we were paying around $27 p/LM for underground power run. The other cost that may come up, and will need to be determined by your electrician is if your meter box and power board need to be upgraded in any way. Often the case with really old homes.

A recent job which sounds similar to yours (but with the upgrade to the meter box) has cost one of my clients $3700 for the dome, underground power, removal of OH power and board upgrade.

Back