Ground Floor apartment

Does the apartment have access separately from street level or as per normal, through the common areas of the building?

Noise levels can be quite different. ie you hear specific street level noises from lower floors, whereas from the higher floors, there is usually the general hum of surrounding traffic, industry, cars. I always preferred the later.

I also thought that apartments, if possible should have a functional terrace/balcony with some views. Bit hard from ground level.

Does the apartment have access separately from street level or as per normal, through the common areas of the building?

Noise levels can be quite different. ie you hear specific street level noises from lower floors, whereas from the higher floors, there is usually the general hum of surrounding traffic, industry, cars. I always preferred the later.

I also thought that apartments, if possible should have a functional terrace/balcony with some views. Bit hard from ground level.

Good point. yes it has access on street level.

the only thing i think is beneficial is for people who have pets they can create a trap door to enable their pet to go to the yard and back.
the noise yes that is true. lower floor would be more noisy.

Ground level can have its benefits. I have a client that owns a 180 sqm unit on the ground floor at South Bank Brisbane. he has his own entry and can also access the pool from his apartment. He is currently renovating this and creating a mezzanine level to give him over 300 sqm of living space.

what if the apartment was a replica of the top apartment however the 1st floor apartment was a 3 bed 2 bath and the ground floor apartment was a 2 bed 1 bath?

after reading the link - lot of bad press on ground floor apartments. hmmm makes me rethink about the purchase unless i can get it absolutely cheap.

Back