Growing pains

That is right. All those people are helping me with a long running issue. Oh how I love the drama. You got me picked. :rolleyes:

Over and out on this one. There is a saying about arguing with ....

I said last post I would allow you the last comment, so over to you now. I'm out. :rolleyes:

Long running issues which you chose to put in the public domain.

Vitamin D deficiency & magnesium deficiency are 2 commonly accepted causes. My LO had growing pains around 3yrs & magnesium supplementation had him sorted in a few days. Make sure you use high quality vitamins & IMO specifically supplement with the deficient vitamin / mineral rather than a multi. Multis generally don't have high enough doses to truly address the deficiency.

and for the disclaimer - if you're unsure, consult a professional

Long running issues which you chose to put in the public domain.

I suggest you refrain from commenting in an aggressive manner about things you know nothing about.

"Growing pains" probably have a wonderful technical name - but it is a genuine condition that is hereditary, a proven condition, and there is no cure ... we are trying to help Xenia ... those of us who have ACTUALLY lived through the condition either personally or via our children.

Many people have long running issues - would you like to hear the entire saga regarding my varicose veins (first treated in my 30's) and offer some advice?

It couldn't not have had something to do with posture.
Sitting at a computer for 16 hours a day is posture isn't it?

Posture is everything.

Put anyone--even a person with the best posture--in front of a screen and writing for 16 hours a day and he/she will develop back problems. You can give them what devices are available to give them good posture, but bodies are not meant to sit in one position for 16 hours a day; bodies are meant to move.

Chiro, osteo, naturopathy, kinesiology etc have been around for years and years. They wouldn't have survived so long if there was nothing to them. If it works for people good; if it doesn't they do go back.

Put anyone--even a person with the best posture--in front of a screen and writing for 16 hours a day and he/she will develop back problems. You can give them what devices are available to give them good posture, but bodies are not meant to sit in one position for 16 hours a day; bodies are meant to move.

Which is exactly what I just said.

I really enjoyed reading all these and thanks for your contribution.

We've tried multivitamins - no help, I'm kind of against nutrition that comes out of bottles myself but I agree with Macca - pain killers are much worse.

I am insisting that she takes in at least 4 raw veggies a day and we grow a lot of them in backyard. I'm also cutting down sugar and processed food - pasta, bread etc. this one is soooooo difficult to implement because 1. Society in general is addicted to sugar and 2. My mum and mother in law cook nothing but pasta etc... Not helping!

Wylie I haven't tried chiro yet, but it's on my list. Even if I do get a doc who knows how to make money lol. They would not be in business otherwise!

Someone recommended a Pilates instructor near my office and we had our first lesson today!!! I had no idea what Pilates was before then.
See how it goes but what is certain is it can't hurt and at least we will all end up with better postures at least! Myself and both girls are doing it.

I'm also trying helichrysum oil which seems to be helping - sometimes!

I suggest you refrain from commenting in an aggressive manner about things you know nothing about.

"Growing pains" probably have a wonderful technical name - but it is a genuine condition that is hereditary, a proven condition, and there is no cure ... we are trying to help Xenia ... those of us who have ACTUALLY lived through the condition either personally or via our children.

Many people have long running issues - would you like to hear the entire saga regarding my varicose veins (first treated in my 30's) and offer some advice?

I suggest you refrain from giving orders and distorting the picture to boot.
Especially when the majority of what you have written is at best pure claptrap and vague in the extreme.
I wouldn't have posted to begin with if I didn't know what I was talking about.

Many people have long running issues, the majority of which are caused by incorrect habits.
Most want what they perceive to be a quick fix and are to lazy to do the work themselves to fix the underlying problem.

I really enjoyed reading all these and thanks for your contribution.

We've tried multivitamins - no help, I'm kind of against nutrition that comes out of bottles myself but I agree with Macca - pain killers are much worse.

I am insisting that she takes in at least 4 raw veggies a day and we grow a lot of them in backyard. I'm also cutting down sugar and processed food - pasta, bread etc. this one is soooooo difficult to implement because 1. Society in general is addicted to sugar and 2. My mum and mother in law cook nothing but pasta etc... Not helping!

Wylie I haven't tried chiro yet, but it's on my list. Even if I do get a doc who knows how to make money lol. They would not be in business otherwise!

Someone recommended a Pilates instructor near my office and we had our first lesson today!!! I had no idea what Pilates was before then.
See how it goes but what is certain is it can't hurt and at least we will all end up with better postures at least! Myself and both girls are doing it.

I'm also trying helichrysum oil which seems to be helping - sometimes!

Stick with the Pilates, you will not go wrong, it is hard work but you will reap the rewards.
Remove sugar completely from your diet, it's totally unneccesary. Likewise any refined carbohydrates if you can.
Get yourself a juicer and use it every day.
Make exercise a part of your life and incorporate stretching.
Never under estimate the value of stretching to your post exercise routine, it is huge, both in terms of initial recovery and how your body will ready itself to the following days workout.

Start slowly, listen to your body, if you feel like you need a rest, then have a day off, stretch if you feel guilty about not exercising that day.

I agree wholeheartedly that nutrition out of a bottle long term is no solution to good health. Sounds like you're doing a great job with nutrition. BUT ....it is hard to get everything that you need from your diet & it's particularly hard to correct a deficiency once you have it with diet alone. Multivitamins are unlikely to help address a deficiency either because the doses of nutrients within are so low. This is even more likely if you're using supermarket type multis.

Let me give you an example. I have some high quality supplements here, left over from pre-pregnancy / pregnancy. In the multi there's 100mg calcium & 36mg magnesium, recommended dose is 1 per day. In the calcium / magnesium there's 248mg calcium and 120mg magnesium, the recommended dose is 2 per day. I'm sure you can do the sums. You would need to find out appropriate dosage for your daughter, these are adult supplements.

Given what you've tried, which hasn't worked, surely it's worth a try? Anyway, I've said my piece, I'll leave it now, hope you find a solution :)

Back