Growing up poor

I know plenty of asians with university degrees who cant spell my wife is one. many know jack **** about everything, have jobs that should require good qualification, but only get there by nepotism.
As a group they are voracious studiers and computer nerds who head down the Professional career paths.

No prob with that; but it would be more common due to this trait that they are over-represented in the spell-checker generation as a result - assuming the number you refer to is substantial. I personally think it would be not..

Incidentally; you mentioned Asians in Uni.

There's a good clue to the diff between my orginal comment about them and the general WASP Aussie.

I used to teach golf at High Schools around Melb to year 9 and 10 students. part of the VGA program to introduce golf to kids.

Almost without exception; the Asain kids were a joy to teach; attentive, diligent and a pleasure.

Conversely, the Aussie kids (and the Europeans and Middle Easterners) were the groups more likely to be smart @rses, disruptive and full of themselves and had poor work ethic.

The results are no doubt reflected in Uni class demographics.

As a group they are voracious studiers and computer nerds who head down the Professional career paths.

No prob with that; but it would be more common due to this trait that they are over-represented in the spell-checker generation as a result - assuming the number you refer to is substantial. I personally think it would be not..

Incidentally; you mentioned Asians in Uni.

There's a good clue to the diff between my orginal comment about them and the general WASP Aussie.

I used to teach golf at High Schools around Melb to year 9 and 10 students. part of the VGA program to introduce golf to kids.

Almost without exception; the Asain kids were a joy to teach; attentive, diligent and a pleasure.

Conversely, the Aussie kids (and the Europeans and Middle Easterners) were the groups more likely to be smart @rses, disruptive and full of themselves and had poor work ethic.

The teens I teach would be the same, the Asians are a joy to teach for me too, although there are plenty of lovely caucasians too. We now have a new demographic in Oz high schools: mysogonistic Indian boys. They are the rudest boys in the entire school as far as I am concerned. The smart-**** ozzies are pussycats in comparison.

The teens I teach would be the same, the Asians are a joy to teach for me too, although there are plenty of lovely caucasians too. We now have a new demographic in Oz high schools: mysogonistic Indian boys. They are the rudest boys in the entire school as far as I am concerned. The smart-**** ozzies are pussycats in comparison.

why do you think that is?

is it a cultural change, say 15 years ago there might have been a couple of indians at a school, now is it a few in every class??

Is it their culture coming across here? Do they respect women?

Asian kids can be readily beaten by their parents and told not to cry nor complain. That is the Asian culture - Asian meaning Chinese/Japan/Korean. Whereas raising your voice at white kids is seen to be criminal. There are significant cultural differences in raising children and this comes through with their behaviours later in life.

One of 8 children, dad left when I was 10, other siblings were older and I was very lucky he did, not a nice man. Dad had 20 odd kids with other women around. Mum never started high school, let alone finished it. We had no car etc etc etc. Parents never owned a house etc etc etc.

Why do women like bad boys? I thought that you had to be a Hollywood star to be able to father 20 kids. Your dad is living the dream.

My 11-year old son is a redhead, he gets bullied for it - please re-consider your nasty remarks, whether you think they are humorous or not. He can't help being a redhead, nor would he want to change it, but you can try not to perpetuate the culture that makes it acceptable to try to belittle him.

My 11-year old son is a redhead, he gets bullied for it - please re-consider your nasty remarks, whether you think they are humorous or not. He can't help being a redhead, nor would he want to change it, but you can try not to perpetuate the culture that makes it acceptable to try to belittle him.

I think the comments are more endearing than anything else.

I too have a ginger kid (although now it's more gingery skin than hair) and would call him 'my little ranga' till he asked me to stop :eek:.

It's not about a high IQ or money.

It's about your whole approach to life.

Both my parents were poor, but had good intelligence, good values and a terrific work ethic. They were a credit to themselves and the human race.

And I've seen rich folk who are as dumb as dog-shoit and who are oxygen thieves; all they have done is make a lot of money and do nothing to benefit anyone else...people like Paris Hilton springs to mind...and what's worse; she has made no money of her own, etc.

It's about what your values are; if you think it's ok to sponge off the rest of society, to have kids because of a cash hand-out, to be a criminal, have no respect for yourself or others, then no; you don't get to add more of the same to our numbers, because you haven't bothered to make yourself into a decent human being, so how can you possibly have any hope of imparting the right life path onto any of your own kids...

I was responsing to Chinas statement that people should have an IQ test and a means test before being allowed to have children.
I grew up poor and my mother has a gifted IQ. They were poor and in those days you needed money to go to Uni.
What makes you think you can play God in deciding who has a right to have children?

. Yes the kids were obviously at a disadvantage but not everyone can go to Uni.

Wrong. This is a mindset that goes along with low-socio, or, non-supported individuals.

So everyone has the intelligence to go toi Uni? I don't see your point. If you read the whole paragraph you would see that that was what I was saying. Not that low socio economic individuals can't go to Uni. I did!

I think the comments are more endearing than anything else.

I too have a ginger kid (although now it's more gingery skin than hair) and would call him 'my little ranga' till he asked me to stop :eek:.

My son doesn't find the comments endearing - it was said in previous posts to ban gingers having children (okay, a joke but not very funny) and the next post offered 100% support for that idea - it's not okay, my son is very aware of the stupid things people say about redheads, he's just a kid and he's heartbroken about being persecuted at school by the kids. This is a big issue in our home as we try to keep building his self esteem in the face of these taunts.

On that basis, I suggest that people who make disparaging remarks about other people on the basis of their skin colour, hair colour, eye colour be banned from having children, so they can't pass their meanness onto their kids, then perhaps the practice will die out.

Most people have the intelligence to go to uni if they try. Some of the courses are pathetically easy.

Very true. These days, any skank can become a doctor or lawyer. And this is no good because of oversupply in these professions. For a very long time, there were only three universities in NSW producing doctors. Now there are eight. The population has not grown in such a way to require such supply. Oversupply means lower remuneration. It also means lower standards. Sadly, I realise that universities can never return to being the elitist institutions that they once were and this is a pity.

Indians have quite a different culture from Chinese/Jap/Korean/Malay in their approach to women. The Indians and Arabs are quite similar in that they treat women as chattels - therefore, they are covered up and kept in harems, not allowed equal voting rights and only recently allowed to drive.

We now have a new demographic in Oz high schools: mysogonistic Indian boys. They are the rudest boys in the entire school as far as I am concerned. The smart-**** ozzies are pussycats in comparison.

Had no idea, so I had to look it up

mi·sog·y·nis·tic (m -s j -n s t k) also mi·sog·y·nous (-s j -n s). adj. Of or characterized by a hatred of women

Back