Hi

I want to invest in a blue chip share growth fund whereby $100 a month is automatically taken from my pay so I can take advantage of Dollar Cost Averaging. I like the idea of an index fund but Vanguard doesnt offer this.

I would like to hold the fund for about 7-10 years and withdraw the money to use as future deposits for ips. So growth is important to me.

Do you know of any good blue chip aussie growth funds?

I have read a lot about funds over the past year and still trying to find something suitable. Hope someone can help

thanks

Last edited:
Your basic strategy (bc shares, dca, 7-10 yr time frame) is sound.

Is now a good time?

Yes it is, but don't hold your breath for short term CG. I'm not saying it won't happen, but the truth is no-one knows when it will happen. Still, with a dca strategy you're effectively easing your way into the market and providing some insurance against short term price falls.

I've spoken to numerous clients in the past couple of weeks along similiar lines (that, for longer term investors, now is a great time to look at ramping up exposure to growth assets).

Kim5,

You should see the forum at invested.com.au for Navra fund discussions.

It's a never ending discussion topic over there.

Are you sure Vanguard doesn't offer an index fund :)?!

hiya just edited my first post. Unfortunately on the front main forum screen my topic still is called navra growth

Maybe I should make another one

Hi

I want to invest in a blue chip share growth fund whereby $100 a month is automatically taken from my pay so I can take advantage of Dollar Cost Averaging. I like the idea of an index fund but Vanguard doesnt offer this.

I would like to hold the fund for about 7-10 years and withdraw the money to use as future deposits for ips. So growth is important to me.

Do you know of any good blue chip aussie growth funds?

I have read a lot about funds over the past year and still trying to find something suitable. Hope someone can help

thanks

hiya just edited my first post. Unfortunately on the front main forum screen my topic still is called navra growth

Maybe I should make another one

When you edit a post and you want to change the title there is an advance button on the bottom right. Click that and it will let you change the title of the post.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Hi

Hi

ANZ offer ANZ OneAnswer Investment Portfolio (ING is the issuer). You can invest with Vanguard Australian Share Fund, with a regluar investment plan of a minimum of $100 a month.

Sounds ok

I think I'll save 15% of my pay into a growth fund, and 15% of my pay into my offset.

Hi all.

Very interested in this topic. Thanks Kim5 for starting it-if a little messily;)

If we could talk about the basics guys it would be much appreciated as I'm still learning about this stuff.

I like the fact I should get a decent rate of growth with an index fund however for quite sometime I have been contemplating wether I would be better off to save my money in my offset account thus not paying as much mortgage.

Do you think saving 50% to my offset $350 a month and 50% to the index fund $350 a month would be the way to go? At least then I'd have some diversification. I think this could be the way to go.

I can afford to invest $800 a month. Now im just trying to decide between investing in the vanguard high yield index fund or the vanguard aussie index share fund.

The other thing is I'm wandering if $17 K is enough of an emergency buffer before I start investing? How much of an emergency buffer did you guys have before investing?

Back