Growth prospects Inner Adelaide

Hi All,

We're looking at purchasing our second IP, and have concluded over recent times that purchasing another in Melbourne right now is not the best idea.. There's a lot of furious building activity, as portrayed today in The Age http://www.smh.com.au/business/prop...opment-hits-historic-high-20140706-zsxyx.html

Knowing Adelaide quite well, and having lived there for quite some time, I've come to the realisation that for steady CG (if not low CG) and decent yields, the inner NW and W of Adelaide seems to be very good value right now. I'm looking at the 280 - 400 mark for an established apartment / unit. With the extension of the tram line, and new Hospital / Research precinct, I'm thinking the Thebarton, Bowden, and up Torrens Road & Underdale area seem to be quite attractive, as does the area along Henley Beach Road (noting the flight path there too).

Interested to know what others (especially local Adelaidians) think, and whether the established NE (St Peters, Payneham, Collinswood), or E (Norwood, Kensington, Hyde Park), may offer better value.

Cheers,
Lach

Back