Guess who's back, back again

It seems that Bondy's name keeps cropping up of late

At one stage he was gravely ill and stricken by memory loss, branching into medicine seems appropriate :D

Former tycoon Alan Bond joins cancer-fighting company in new venture

FORMER tycoon Alan Bond is branching out into medicine.

Mr Bond, 76, has been appointed to the board of a Perth-based company bringing a new form of skin cancer treatment to Australia.

Australian Securities and Investments Commission documents reveal he was appointed director of OncoBeta International and its Australian parent company, Nucmed, in August.

Shares in Nucmed are split between the Bond-owned Capital Asset Enterprises and Dr Michael Hauck, a Perth-based technology consultant.

He made a comeback of sorts in 07 (Diamond Mine in Africa) as well but then all went quiet

Just goes to show, you can't keep an entrepreneur down

Alan Bond?s getting the band back together

Bond is a director and shareholder in two companies ? Strategic Asset Investments and Capital Asset Enterprises ? both of which he registered with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission in 2012.

The companies are the first to be owned and run by Bond in Australia since the early 1990s, when his Bond Corporation empire spanning media, brewing, resources and property assets was unravelling under a mountain of debt.

ASIC banned Bond from serving as a director or managing companies in Australia for five years after he was released from jail in 2000.

The tycoon responded to the ban by moving to London and spruiking a series of African diamond and gold ventures, which lost millions of dollars.

Guess who's back, back again
Bondy's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back,
guess who's back,
guess who's back,

Bondy's son making the news also

No family bailout for Craig Bond

Craig Bond's trustee bankruptcy trustee has warned the former business high-flyer's family will not pull him out of a $5 million-plus debt hole.

Despite mother Eileen Bond paying out a $60,000 credit card debt and brother John providing a beachfront unit rent-free, trustee Daniel Juratowich said the family's support would not extend to forgiving debts owed to family trusts or paying out other debts.

In the early days I read Paul Barry's book on the Rise and Fall, however there are obviously more chapters to come

You have to admire how much wealth the fella acquired. He was just a sign writer!

At least Skase had some education and was a journalist. Holmes a Court also had a good education.

For some reason my first thought was Duncan_m is back, not sure why though.
I read the Rise and Fall of Bond when it first came out in hardcover back when I first thought being rich would be a nice place to be. My favourite bio around that time was Lee Iacocca's bio about turning around Chrysler.

Scorpions have also been known to survive nuke blasts and have been found at ground zero at test sites.

Wow, so these hard shelled (spineless) insects are very hardy. Cockroaches and scorpions heh, I wonder how many politicians would also survive at ground zero?:eek:

Back