Guinness World Record - Blatent Self Boast

It appears George Mallory @ 11hrs:08min would be slightly faster, but keeping in mind he was setting out to achieve Everest, not 12hrs. Also most of these guys all have friends pacing them etc - I was alone on the road all day, with no other cyclists allowed on the course. Im hoping that's the edge I have over the competition.

I wonder if any of these previous Everesting attempts were officially recorded in the way that yours was? Perhaps yours is the first verifiable attempt (as in, relying on more than just GPS data and also with external evidence like you collected)?

Either way - you're right up there with the best - an incredible achievement.

I wonder if any of these previous Everesting attempts were officially recorded in the way that yours was? Perhaps yours is the first verifiable attempt (as in, relying on more than just GPS data and also with external evidence like you collected)?

Either way - you're right up there with the best - an incredible achievement.

None Im aware of. All relying solely off a cycling computer altimeter, which I have found can be anything from accurate, to 20% and beyond inaccurate.

Im now busy putting my package together for authentication, verification, and certificate. The Notary and other 2x officials have already given me the approval for a successful attempt. Just waiting on GWR after submission.

pinkboy

Whilst I admire your thinking, your thinking will be quickly debunked upon reading the guidelines of the record attempt unfortunately. pinkboy

Damn! :D Do you happen to have a link to the rules? Or can post them? Thinking about this is more interesting than work today!

Congratulations not on the record, but on showing the mental and physical strength, endurance and will you possess.

I imagine no future obstacle will cause you the slightest trouble.

For those who want to look at the ride see the link :) well done.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    76.8 KB · Views: 64
Great mental effort pinkboy. Did you set out to break this particular record because you thought it was something that could easily be broken?

Getting into the Guinness World Record book is on my bucket list. Can anyone recommend an easy category to get into? Maybe I could make a big pancake.

Back