Guinness World Record - Blatent Self Boast

Great mental effort pinkboy. Did you set out to break this particular record because you thought it was something that could easily be broken?

Dex, have a read of 'Everesting' there is an article in the SMH where I first saw it. It is no easy feat.

Getting into the GBOWR is not a 'me too' exercise where every kid in the class gets a go, you have to be in that 1% who dares to go further, harder, faster, longer than everyone else.

Fantastic effort! To cruise past the record and keep going until the very end.

Here's to keeping that record for quite awhile - of you could beat it yourself :)

Scott, I'm not taking anything away from the achievement. I ask because he smashed the previous record of 5,000m to 9,271.8m. I believe the record he broke was "Most Metres Ascended in 12hrs on a Bicycle". Not sure how it's related to Everesting.

On the contrary I think getting into the GWRB is a "look at me" exercise which is why it exists and there's nothing wrong with that. It's great that people take up challenges and break records to show others it's possible.

This guy got in with Longest Ear Hair:

ear_hair.jpg

Congratulations. Extremely well done.

However how are you going to prove it? I strongly suspect that when that GBWR comes out it won't have the name Pinkboy, but some person who we've never heard of- who may be somebody completely different from yourself ;-)

Perhaps you need to change your name from Pinkboy to Punkboy. Or even Spunkboy.

Dex, have a read of 'Everesting' there is an article in the SMH where I first saw it. It is no easy feat.

To be clear, pinkboy's record was NOT for 'Everesting', it was for the highest vertical distance climbed on a bicycle in a 12 hour period.

He just happens to have 'Everested' along the way (don't you love the way we invent new words by 'verbing' nouns!).

Out of interest, most of the Everesting attempts I've read about took much more than 12 hours to achieve - there are only one or two I've seen documented which took less than 12 hours, and certainly none of them were verified in the way that pinkboy's ride was.

Damn! :D Do you happen to have a link to the rules? Or can post them? Thinking about this is more interesting than work today!

Ive basically given all the details there. We exhausted everything we could think of.

Great mental effort pinkboy. Did you set out to break this particular record because you thought it was something that could easily be broken?

Getting into the Guinness World Record book is on my bucket list. Can anyone recommend an easy category to get into? Maybe I could make a big pancake.

I thought it could be broken, but I had to make sure I wasn't fluffing about to make it at least fairly unattainable to most. Do I think it will be broken - yes, but will take some organising, and some pretty damn good willpower. 12hrs is a long time to ride solo, in full concentration the whole time. Bring on the 24hr and the 48hr! :eek:;)

Congratulations. Extremely well done.

However how are you going to prove it? I strongly suspect that when that GBWR comes out it won't have the name Pinkboy, but some person who we've never heard of- who may be somebody completely different from yourself ;-)

Perhaps you need to change your name from Pinkboy to Punkboy. Or even Spunkboy.

2x webcams for the full 12hrs duration should be enough proof. Would be boring as bat$h!t to watch though :p .

As for the name change.....well that will never happen. Very few call me pinkboy, but it has stuck for a long time!

pinkboy

Sent my submission this morning. Reckon I'll know by next Friday 18th. Should be all good though. All the footage was good and clear, the officials reports were very concise and official, and I packed it all with everything required ticked off their list. So fingers crossed.

Also got my ID numbers for the 24 and 48 hour records! :eek:

pinkboy

Woke up this morning to read on my email:

Dear Mr Ellul,

We are delighted to confirm that you have successfully achieved a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for ?Greatest vertical ascent on bicycle in 12 hours?. We would like to congratulate you on your record-breaking achievement. You are OFFICIALLY AMAZING.

Today is a great day! :D

Should receive my certificates in the mail in 2 weeks! :D

pinkboy............feeling on top of the world! :cool:

Congratulations, you are an official international superstar :D

Endorsements and big busted blondes shall follow, well they always seem to have them at every stage of the Tour.

I wonder are they the same blondes every day or do they get locals each night.

Congrats PB.

Macca, are those blondes which are promised part of the 'things that your wife won't let you buy' or part of some jihadist reward? ;)

Not sure, but did you see the film clip the other day of the yellow jersey wearer who went for a kiss with the blonde on the podium and she ducked LOL

He got a kiss off the blonde they used the next day, I reckon the "ducker" got the sack :)

Congratulations. An awesome achievement. Seriously.

I would dearly love to attempt 'everesting' sometime next year. After round the bay, the 3 peak challenge and getting my 7 peaks passport completed, I reckon Ill be almost ready.

I will be very happy to do 8,800 in 23 hours and 59 minutes..... Its amazing you did it in half that.

Not sure, but did you see the film clip the other day of the yellow jersey wearer who went for a kiss with the blonde on the podium and she ducked LOL

He got a kiss off the blonde they used the next day, I reckon the "ducker" got the sack :)

Not sure if it's the one with Nibali but if you watch the whole video he kisses the girl on his right then a guy zips the jersey from the back so when he leans over to kiss the other it catches. You can see him touch his neck to fix it after.

LayxpFt.gif

Back