GULP! I'm coming out. I'm a Buyers Agent...

Yes, thats right, another perfectly normal (as if) investor turned. Sorry if I am late to the party...

I just thought I would introduce my little business to you all. Originally a Social Worker, I have set up shop early last year and been enjoying the new role of buyers agent on the NSW South Coast. This is on the back of 11 yrs of investing and some encouragement from my Accountant (thanks Ben Poppett from Shire Accounting).

I have been on the forum since I started investing and learnt a lot, so this is also probably a good moment to say thanks to the community. There is an incredible wealth of knowledge and action represented here.

I know that many of you have no need or desire to use a Buyers Agent and that is totally fine. I don't want to do the hard sell, just continue to contribute and learn like everyone else. I have found that there are people out there who want the help or don't have the time so they choose to engage the service. I'm not actually fussed whether I ever generate any referrals whatsoever from the forum as they are flowing in from elsewhere, but I am gradually learning about building a consistent brand across media and before I get too "public" I wanted to start with feedback from the toughest crowd I could think of :)

I would appreciate any thoughts y'all might have for me from the website, and any questions or ideas about the business. So far its been great, I have a small but growing client base that is both local and from Sydney so far. My main focus has been to provide good customer service to each client and that seems to be generating referral business, which is really nice.

Not really sure what else to say...
Any questions?

Thanks,
Matt

Heartiest congratulatons Sir Knight! :D
Hopefully you can rescue a lot of damsels in distress!
Now if you can just get me that castle with those seaviews where Rapunzel was captive once upon a time....

Well done you! I cant think of a better job, its something I would love to do. Someone told me once that you have to have a real estate agents license,is that so? I didnt want to focus on just buying houses for people at auction, but rather sussing out say, the final 3 they should look at and chose from, then if they wanted me to negotiate, well and good. How did you get started, I know a lot of business people shifting in from interstate havent got the time to look

Heartiest congratulatons Sir Knight! :D
Hopefully you can rescue a lot of damsels in distress!
Now if you can just get me that castle with those seaviews where Rapunzel was captive once upon a time....

Thanks Beanie Girl! I don't know about rescuing damsels but castles with seaviews sound doable...

Well done you! I cant think of a better job, its something I would love to do. Someone told me once that you have to have a real estate agents license,is that so? I didnt want to focus on just buying houses for people at auction, but rather sussing out say, the final 3 they should look at and chose from, then if they wanted me to negotiate, well and good. How did you get started, I know a lot of business people shifting in from interstate havent got the time to look

Thanks fern fern!
Its a great moment when you realise you love finding deals and can actually do it for a living and help others too!

Yes, you do need a licence, so there is some study involved and then licensing fees etc then professional indemnity insurance etc (which you can't get without the licence).

I do the whole process, from market research, helping clients select locations that meet their investment goals, developing a short list of properties, making offers, due diligence, contract negotiations, helping locate solicitors, property managers etc etc etc. My goal is to help people get into the property as smoothly as possible, including getting it rented out.

Fee's do look quite attractive and good on you for listing them clearly for people to follow, this isn't the case for all BA's. In other news, I sure hope no one makes a typo with your domain name!

Last edited:
Fee's do like quite attractive and good on you for listing them clearly for people to follow, this isn't the case for all BA's. In other news, I sure hope no one makes a typo with your domain name!

I didn't notice that till now, the difference of adding 1 letter

How did you come up with your business name? Its only 1 letter different to a word with a whole new meaning

That will teach me to update the site from mobile devices, I fixed the spelling then accidentally stuffed it and moved pages around! Home page is coming up as who we help etc...
Gimme 24 hrs I will have that fixed - will wait till I can acces my imac again so I dont keep creating problems on tiny screens.

Re the name - you all need to get your minds out of the gutter! :D

I am aware of the simliarity and nearly didnt choose it for that reason.

Its a latin word.

Latin. N. (прециум)
Loosely translated to
value, redemption, cost or reward

It is pronounced pree-see-um (bit different to what you all have in mind)

Offline clients havent mentioned it so much when they see my logos, or we discuss things. Perhaps they are being polite...:eek:

Back