Gympie QLD?

I tried the search function but nothing much returned.

Whats the general consensus on Gympie? 50kms from Noosa seems o.k in to the future as population increases.

What are vacancy rates like, easy to tenant?

I know someone who lives in Gympie and they hate it with a passion but still seem to find work and continue to live there so it can't be *that* bad. Seems to be industry etc there too. They were making it sound like a megasmall town and its not. Yay for locals.

I tried the search function but nothing much returned.

Whats the general consensus on Gympie? 50kms from Noosa seems o.k in to the future as population increases.

What are vacancy rates like, easy to tenant?

Amazing the difference 50kms makes!

Don't be thinking that two are even slightly similair, either in lifestyle or outlook. While Gympie has developed quite a lot in the past 5 years, mentioning it in the same sentence as Noosa is slightly misguided.

Rooster

Gympie

I think the reason why Terry Ryder put it on his hot spot list was 1.) the proposed Traveston Dam was likely to go through and create jobs, etc and 2.) the upgraded highway increasing commuting time to other parts of the region.

Well since Terry wrote this the Traveston Dam proposal was dismissed by the Federal Govt. Now the state government is flooding the market with all those properties that they bought from locals in order to build the dam. But a lot of those people have moved on and cant buy their properties back. Hence, word on the street is that the saturated market will deflate Gympie prices. I dont know if this is fact or fiction yet, but its worth considering and investigating further.

I dont have any properties there but I have thought it about it. Locals tend to give it a 'bogan' image. But that really has nothing to do with investment potential as far as Im concerned. If you are hoping for capital gain in the short-term I would be cautious, but otherwise it would appear to have potential in the long-term. Properties are certainly cheaper there than other parts of the coast.

Amazing the difference 50kms makes!
Round here 50km can mean literally a $200,000 difference in price on two identical houses. Even 25km can mean a massive difference. Which, of course, I have every intention of taking advantage of as I am a cash-strapped opportunist.

If you see something where the figures look good in Gympie, why not go for it?

Back