Handpainted porcelain figurines and lamps.

What do you think of lamp

• Yuck

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Nice

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • OK

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got this lamp from an op shop. I'm undecided whether to sell or keep. It's handpainted, looks like parts are painted in real gold but unsure. It has a made in China sticker on bottom. Anyone know anything about these or where or how I can find out more about it. I've seen a similar statue in an antique shop that was a different lady, looked like same series.

Thanks

Last edited:
the fading end of deco makes me wanna puke. "reminiscient" is about as good a desription as it gets for me - stuff designed/made by folk who weren't rich enough to really LIVE the twenties but somehow "remember" the good ol' days....like those RSL members who served in the reserves.....

sorry - can't stand the stuff. nouveau is nice, early deco is a transformation - late deco is just borne of desperation and the want to remember.

then you get later repro's of deco stuff that are truly awful - deco celebrated form before function and style before substance. it seems the americans still have trouble letting go of the twenties - the 70's recession saw a lot of this stuff being made as well. any recession seems to bring repro deco stuff outta the woodwork.

lots of PERIOD fakes out there too - so be careful.

so, who's opinionated?

I'm interested to know whether YOU like it? If you liked it enough to buy it, don't let anyone here make you feel like you have questionable taste ;)

Having said that, I think it is ugly :p:D

Generally hubby and I have similar taste, but some things I have bought he has loathed, and vice versa. I have a lovely bronze bust (modern copy) of a woman which I really like. I found it out in the garden a few months ago, weathering rather quickly and looking pretty unloved. I gave him a good stern talking to.

I reckon if you like it, enjoy it. We're all different.

I have no idea what era it is, but I really love the lamp. I had similiar lamp bases years ago but mine were Target cheapies.

i also love the lamp on ebay ... although i don't think it's the orginal lamp under discussion, more an example of what the op likes.

i too would like to see a photo of the lamp - although i detest kitch and will probably think it ugly ...

i also love the lamp on ebay ... although i don't think it's the orginal lamp under discussion, more an example of what the op likes.

i too would like to see a photo of the lamp - although i detest kitch and will probably think it ugly ...

Hi Lizzie, here is the picture of the lamp I was selling.

I purchased for $10, had it for a couple of years and sold on ebay for $50.

Attachments

• feb 2010 025.jpg
    feb 2010 025.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 40
  • feb 2010 024.jpg
    feb 2010 024.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 39
Back