Handyman -Gold Coast

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good handyman on the Gold Coast. Our previous one decide to rip out all the water saving washers and we had to ware the tenants water bill so I'm looking for another.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Bazza

Baz,

Not good mate! What on earth was he thinking to rip out the retarders? What, did the tennants complain about the flow rate or something?!?

Can't help you with a recommendation, but I thought I might piggy back your thread instead of creating a duplicate. I'm looking for a cheap gasfitter around Brisbane to fit a bayonet to an external wall for my BBQ. Wouldn't be expensive I would have thought but who knows.

Maybe someone here will know someone who can help us both out, except yours might be more of a generalist than a plumber type.

I take it that it was a big water bill?...

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,

The tenant complained about a leaking shower. They asked our handyman to remove all the water restriction washers then refused to pay the water consumption bill 3 months later. We sent around a plumber to re-certify the house and they asked him not to put the washer in the laundry. He is our regular plumber so he did the job properly otherwise we would have been up for the next water bill as well :mad:

Cheers,

Bazza

Bazza,

Yep, that's about what I thought happened. Did he forget who was paying the bill?

Its all a bit confusing to me though, as in Sydney the owner of the IP has to pay the water bill if my memory serves. So, up here, is it normally the tennant?

In Sydney the tennants pick up the other utilities like electricity and gas, but water is at the owner's expense I thought.

Cheers,
Michael

Its all a bit confusing to me though, as in Sydney the owner of the IP has to pay the water bill if my memory serves. So, up here, is it normally the tennant?

Hi Michael,

You have to state in the Tenancy Agreement the the house is water efficient and that you have installed water saving devices: ie Dual flush toilets, 9 L/min shower heads, 6 L/min restriction washers in ensuite/bathroom taps, kitchen tap and laundry tap. Then you can charge the tenant for the water consumption.

Otherwise you can say that usage over say 120 kl per six month period is to be paid by the tenant.

But with water increasing in cost every rate bill it is best to get the tenant to pay all of the consumption. Some of our tenants use $180 worth per six month period so it is a saving to us of $360 pa.

Cheers,

Bazza

Rod Huybers - Hire-a-Hubby at Nerang - is a good handyman, and a nice fellow to deal with as well. PH: 0411079709.

Cheers.

Agree with Whozat.

Have used Rod on many occasions and he is a great guy who does great work.
Definitely recommended:)

Back