handyman recommendation Rooty Hill area

HI all
I just got a quote from the PM to fix the followings $
-realign shower doors to ensuite and bathroom. Tighten rollers. Replace approx 2 rollers.
-dissemble ensuite sliding door frame to access roller to tighten and realign door so it can slide
-supply and rewire in a new 3 switch light to dining
-repair bottom shelf to BIW to main bedroom

Their quote is $560
I am from Mel so I am not sure if its about right for sydney?anyway better for me to get another quote I suppose, any recommendation?

THX

Tell the agent to do their job and get a second quote if you think that it is excessive.

You need a licensed electrician to replace the light switch (probably $200 incl call out fee/minimum charge).

So how does the rest sound now?

A handyman can't legally rewire a light. So is the PM hiring people to do illegal work or is an electrician also doing handyman work?:confused:

I'd be more worried about that. What if someone gets electrocuted from an illegally installed light? :eek:
Your insurance company will have a field day.

the inspection report about the light switch is as the following
-Light switch to dining detached at wall

so I suppose it actually means re-attaching/screwing it back to the wall not actual 'wiring'??

the inspection report about the light switch is as the following
-Light switch to dining detached at wall

so I suppose it actually means re-attaching/screwing it back to the wall not actual 'wiring'??

That's not what you posted in the OP. It says supply of a new switch and attaching to wiring. That's a sparky's job and rightly so. get it wrong and things will be "live" even when the light is supposed to be off.

Back