Hang laundry on balcony visible from the street? legal?

Hey just wondering is it legal to hang laundry on the front balcony where it is visible from the street?

Is there any definitive law against it? for QLD.:confused::confused::confused:

I need references.

Hey just wondering is it legal to hang laundry on the front balcony where it is visible from the street?

I need references.

Unlikely to be illegal, likely to be a breach of the owners corp regulations.

this is a serious question. I just need to know the answer.

Do you know the answer? I did a google search I read some titles says "by laws" but i don't even know what that means. :confused:

In some whack job housing estates/local government areas in the states its illegal to hang washing, or grow vegetables visible from the street.

I haven't heard of it happening in Australia.

In some whack job housing estates/local government areas in the states its illegal to hang washing, or grow vegetables visible from the street.

I haven't heard of it happening in Australia.

I read on some articles some suburbs don't like it because people think it reduces the value of their property been seen as low income area.

other articles say it's stupid because it's much for eco friendly, way better than running the mots efficient dryer. (Using the power of the sun which is free.)

I need references.

Any skidmarks?

The hanging washing act 2014 was enacted just to stop this hanging of washing. It is totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

In the past property investors were sneaky around at night, just before auctions, and hanging washing (socks, underpants etc) on the properties they wanted to buy. The next day the value of these properties dropped by up to 20% and they were making instant equity after settlement by removing the washing.

The hanging washing act 2014 was enacted just to stop this hanging of washing. It is totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

In the past property investors were sneaky around at night, just before auctions, and hanging washing (socks, underpants etc) on the properties they wanted to buy. The next day the value of these properties dropped by up to 20% and they were making instant equity after settlement by removing the washing.

Calm your farm mate.

I'm not making this up, have a read of this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gal-hang-laundry-outside-looks-low-class.html

To prevent this, maybe you can get a high powered dryer from kmart?

stop-stop-im-gonna-pee-lol-graphic.jpeg

The City of Belmont in Perth has a local planning policy that states the following:
Plumbing fixtures, hot water systems, ground or wall mounted air conditioning units, garden sheds and clothes lines must not be visible from the street.
I kid you not! :eek:

http://www.belmont.wa.gov.au/Servic... 05 - Belgravia Residential Estate Policy.pdf

To prevent this, maybe you can get a high powered dryer from kmart?

Shame on you DT. There's a lot going on here. Clearly the tenants are turning their heating up too high, causing terrible body odour which is becoming a problem given that the tenants don't have anywhere to hang their washing.

Okay, I'm done taking the mickey now. That was just too good to pass up. :D

this is a serious question. I just need to know the answer.

Do you know the answer? I did a google search I read some titles says "by laws" but i don't even know what that means. :confused:

Simply put 'bi laws' are laws passed by the council.

The complicated answer: Bi laws are a form of subordinate legislation. The State or Federal Government essentially pass a law stating that any regulation put forward by an incorporated body named in the given act has legislative effect. Councils are incorporated bodies.

This is done as only Parliament and not councils or bureaucracies have the power under the constitution to pass laws. Thus the Government pass a law stating that whatever x incorporation does is law. Subject of course to any inconsistencies between a bi law, our constitution and any other legislation passed by a relevant Parliament.

This is necessary as it's not efficient or feasible for Parliament to deal with every little piece of law that might be necessary, so they pass legislation that delegates this to various regulatory bodies, of which our elected councils are but one of many.

Thus bi laws are different from council to council and differ from 'laws' in that they are regulatory in nature, being rules that Parliament delegated to another body.

Hope that helps
Beelzebub

This a clear violation of your rights as a consumer. It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous.

i think i speak for everyone when i say that this is simply unacceptable. im appalled, what happened to the freedoms my ancestors fought/invaded for??

Back