Happy New (financial) Year!

Happy new year folks.

Get everything done in the financial year that you had hoped? Whats the plan for this financial year?

At work, today's the day I gotta update all my clients MYOB, Quickbooks, Levesys, Constructor, Pronto, etc. Fun fun :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this year's personal tax return, even though it'll be garnished but that's a story for another day.

Bleh,

Amusingly this time of the year has more happy feelings than NYE.

I feel all tingly.

NFY resolutions... start developing and expand business interstate! :)

I just used my payslip from my last pay as it has all the info on there. I'm too impatient to wait for payment summaries :p

Been a New Financial Year

Share your insights and forecasts for this upcoming year, what ya'al reckon?

Clearly some of us will make money, some will lose, and other who will continue to sit and wait until another year passes

Been a New Financial Year

Share your insights and forecasts for this upcoming year, what ya'al reckon?

Clearly some of us will make money, some will lose, and other who will continue to sit and wait until another year passes

Sends shivers down my spine.

Rates will probably head up towards the back end of the FY by about 0.5%.

Most property markets will be pretty flat still.

However, I reckon they'll an international incident that will throw a spanner in the works for everyone e.g. Syria/Iraq/Ukraine.

Next year's federal budget will be even uglier.

Personally:

Hoping to get the home mortgage paid off.

Head over to Singapore at Christmas and then France in June/July.

Try and cut back my hours and try a new avenue of property investing

Spend more quality time with my wife

Hafta wait for the dribs and drabs to roll in before submitting ... rental statements, donation certs, vendor finance statements etc

But looking forward to this year - expecting a pretty decent return (after just paying a huge bill for a 2 yr old CG) - should be settling on our new "income replacement" cashflow property (was hoping for last fin year but vendors are sooooo slow) - our first year as commercial cropping farmers - new business that is gaining momentum and should take off after we start marketing properly - rentals have gone up in value significantly.

All in all - happy days.

Happy new year folks.

Get everything done in the financial year that you had hoped? Whats the plan for this financial year?

At work, today's the day I gotta update all my clients MYOB, Quickbooks, Levesys, Constructor, Pronto, etc. Fun fun :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this year's personal tax return, even though it'll be garnished but that's a story for another day.

This time of the year is my worst nightmare, I am just ignoring it at the moment.

expecting a pretty decent return... our first year as commercial cropping farmers - new business that is gaining momentum and should take off after we start marketing properly

All in all - happy days.

ugh - its so unfair how farmers get all the breaks. The gubment never gives me anything at tax time. Its not fair... :p

I havent had a tax return for years.... ;):D

Just having a private celebration, paid off an IP today. Looking forward to some cash flow. Cant tell anyone 'cos that would be boasting but great to share our news here.

ugh - its so unfair how farmers get all the breaks. The gubment never gives me anything at tax time. Its not fair... :p

hahaha - no gubment handouts here ... everything that will get the tax returned on is on stuff we have already paid for out of external income. But it should be a nice refund. Almost like compulsory savings.

Just having a private celebration, paid off an IP today. Looking forward to some cash flow. Cant tell anyone 'cos that would be boasting but great to share our news here.

Correct - you have to declare it as a "first world problem"

eg. *sigh* I just paid off my IP and now i have to pay tax!

;)

The Y-man

Correct - you have to declare it as a "first world problem"

eg. *sigh* I just paid off my IP and now i have to pay tax!

;)

The Y-man

That won't get me any sympathy in the world outside this forum...but you're right, after the celebration its now time to start moaning about the tax bill. :rolleyes:

Back