Happy New (financial) Year!

I'll be doing and getting a 'twofer'

Twofer one returns. Ugh still haven't done last last years. :rolleyes:

I really should pull my finger out seeing as the ATO owe me.

We folded 2 law firms into mine in June and Monday was the last day that anything could happen in the old ones (Financial year is also the professional indemnity insurance and practising certificate year for QLD law firms). Two by trust accounts cleared out, transferred, files transferred, large numbers of clients written to, lots of last minute chasing of hounding for authorities to transfer over etc etc etc. Last night was the first night that I wasn't working till after midnight, so am quite glad that year was over, even though it was a great year.

Big year in property for me also, market is right and back in with a bang. I think this financial year is the year to make hay while the sun shines in QLD, this time next year but still be a little more left in it but can't see 2 more financial years in it where you can still pick up a development sites at a price that allows a decent return and be comfortable that the market for the end product will still be there. Always opportunities but right now they are everywhere.

Really interested to hear others goals for this year

Goals for this year
Town Planning practice
Bed down the new BCC planning scheme and prep for the others

Law Practice
Open 2 new offices in SE Qld outside of Brisbane
Exceed 5% of all QLD conveyances being done by us
Do Development Legals on Broadacre subdivision >200 lots
Do Development Legals on Residential Unit Development > 65 Units

Property
construction of 32 townhouse development nearing completion
finalise sales of 6 small lot developments currently underway
1 more small lot at least per quarter
1 option and assignment at least per quarter
1 development site larger than the last
make enough out of the options and assignments to pay >50% cash for a multi-tenanted commercial property to help with cashflow through the bottom of the next economic cycle

Back