Has Adelaide done its peak?

Glenelg is kinda like upper mid range... It's a nice place to live, beach... lots of shops, with a tram line taking you to the city. But the real upmarket areas (>700K median price) are those quiet leafy areas with good schools.

Perhaps, but the vibe kinda impressed me. Restaurants, cafes, nice place. Not really blue chip family, but I assumed popular with the young professional crowd?

The commercial shops there have been suffering in recent years due to lack of visitors and business red tapes.... Adl councils have always been very conservative.

I started having a bit of a look 2 years back for a block, or house to demolish, to build the PPOR on in the Southern or Eastern 6-8km distance range from the CBD. You could get >800m2 block for $550k.

Didn't do anything at the time but have started looking again in the last few months and the prices have just skipped away. Anything >800ms is more like $750k+ now.

wll6568, your place at Kensington Gardens that has been renovated has to be worth >$800k I would have thought. Either you over estimated the value 5 years ago or you have been under quoted on their value today.

My search continues but with a new price bracket............... :eek:

Back