Has anyone drank Alkaline Water before? Lost weight and cured chronic fatigue!

I know something about this from working closely with a wise old Osteopath in the USA and formal study in science and natural therapies.

A diet rich in alkaline foods has been espoused at least since the late 1800s by the Natural Hygiene Society and its forebears. Indeed, the Essenes advocated eating 'live' food, that hadn't been cooked. Grains were sprouted and never exposed to heat greater than generated by the sun.

Alkaline diets are primarily if not all vegetarian, as it is fibrous carbohydrates and fruit carbohydrates that have an alkaline effect on the stomach, intestines, and blood. Yes fruit is alkaline in its effect, if eaten whole. Whereas fruit juice is acidic. There's some evidence sprouted grains are alkaline as well, whereas cooked grains are acidic.

As for alkaline water, DO NOT drink bleach. That is highly erosive to human tissue, and will burn a hole through your stomach in no time. Though I presume you guys were joking above.

However, one would be scientifically ignorant to pay big money for ionized alkaline water.

If you want an alkaline effect, just add a tspn of sodium bicarbonate to a glass of water, and drink. A lot cheaper than buying bottled water and better for the environment because you aren't adding more plastic to the trash.

The reasonably normal human body is very efficient at maintaining a near neutral pH in the body's tissue and blood. Sodium bicarbonate exists in the blood as a buffer against excessive acidity. One would die pretty quickly if the blood pH wasn't maintained within a tight range. Why? heart muscle wouldn't contract properly.

However, taking bicarb can help calm one when suffering from anxiety. One tends to become anxious if blood pH becomes temporarily slightly more acidic. This can happen when you have compromised respiratory function or are not buffering the carbon dioxide and lactic acid generated by the body's normal metabolic processes. This process is known as acidosis. There are two types: metabolic and respiratory acidosis.

It should be kept in mind that excessive alkalinity is just as dangerous as acidosis. Indeed, if you injected a solution with 4 tspns of sodium bicarbonate into a vein, you could be comatose within 20 minutes. Check here for a link of overdoing sodium bicarbonate
http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Chemical.jsp?Rec_Id=PC34892#Symptoms

Finally, the best things to maintain an alkaline state in the body are:
- to relax the mind and body regularly. Anxiety vasoconstricts vessels and impedes efficient clearance of metabolic waste from the body. relaxing vasodilates the vessels. relaxing the mind also slows the metabolic activity of the brain's neurons, thus reducing the production of acid metabolites.
- moderately vigorous activity conducted harmoniously also helps get blood to more distant tissue, and help flush it of metabolic waste, thus restoring a more neutral pH.
- eat lots of fruit and vege, and less animal product.

As Spock would say:

Live Long and Prosper.....Don't buy pseudoscience....

Hi Yo-yo ma and Zig,

The proof is in the result I get.

Yes I know about the Placebo effect. But not everything can be attributed to placebo effect. Like what Wohoo said, if you think placebo effect works everytime, why don't we drink bleach, or a concoction of chilli powder mixed in water, and imagine it is pure water, and see what happens. We'd probably get diarrhoea even if we imagine it were pure water. Although palcebo effect has worked on certain cases, but for diet we cannot always think "its all in the mind". Eg, we cannot stop eating by imagine having eaten a meal. Our body will still get hungry and deficient if we continue to do that.

The fact is certain food/drink has certain properties that do really affect our body and cell's chemistry. It is latent in the properties of the food.

We can use our mind to cure ourselfs sometimes by the power of belief, but if we are putting huge amount of acidic food and living an acidic stressful lifestyle, then we need something to counter the acidic waste in us. The power of mind cannot make us go without food or drink, or eating huge quantity of chilli powder and think its sugar. The chemicals are bound to have some effect latent in it's chemical properties and vibration.

Also, my intake of water hasn't changed. Before alkaline water, I was drinking also several litres of tap filtered water a day, sometimes bottled mineral water ( I now found that most of them are acidic, since they have a slight sourish tasts - eg Evian brand), but still I was plagued by chronic fatigue and didnt have energy to even have a short walk shopping in the city. I would get so tired until my eyes go teary and sleepy.

But after a few months switching to alkaline water, I was still eating the same food that I like, drinking the same amount of water, but my hay fever, chronic fatigue, just disappeared. And I noticed I could walk to work and back, jogging, etc, without those pain/fatigue in my muslce. I'm speaking from real experience, not theory or hearsay.

Dr Young who was interviewed by Tony RObbins, said that when our body and blood is acidic, the blood cells clump together and cannot carry enough oxygen to our cells. Also, when it is acidic, yeasts and micro organisms thrive in our blood. Without proper red blood cells, people's energy decline as the body is not getting what it needs most - oxygen. Also when acidic, the acid waste makes our body expend more energy to detox and get rid of the waste, and also hold on to fat/cholestrol so that the acidic blood doesnt burn holes in our arteries. So when you alkalize, the acid is neutralised, and the body doesnt need to detox so hard or hold on to fats as before.

Also, the machine can control the ph output of the water. I now drink a ph of about 9pH, which is a hundred times more alkaline than normal water. (ph 9 is 10 times more alkaline than ph8, 100 times more alkaline than ph7)

It takes 4 parts of alkaline to neutralize 1 part acid in our body, not to mention the accummulated acid trapped in our body over many years of acidic lifestyle.

Winstonwolfe,

Drinking Sodium bicarbonate is different from drinking ionised alkaline water.

Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. However, once in the blood stream, it will act as alkaline buffer and, when too much acid is around, the lungs will exhale CO2. It is quite ok if you do it once a while. The only problem with this method is that continued consumption of baking soda(sodium bicarb) will upset the potassium/sodium balance of the body, creating bad side effects as high blood pressure.

Can a person become too alkaline from drinking ionized alkaline water?

No. People have been known to drink as much as two gallons of ionized alkaline water daily and greatly benefited from it. On the contrary, the most common imbalance that leads to health problems is too much acidity. The more acidic we are, the greater the chances for diseases such as flu, cold, cancer and arthritis to flourish. Microbiologists have found that people who are always sick have very low blood ph, the sicker they are, the lower their body pH level.

The ionised alkaline water also has more oxygen in it, so it also acts as a good antioxidant, giving our body what it needs most - more oxygen. Also, it filters out the chlorine and other stuff from our tap water. The water molecules are smaller in size than tap water, so it is also more readily absorbed.

I'm drinking a ph level of 9 now. The first few days when I started drinking from the machine, my body started to detox and flushing out the acidic waste. But that was the natural initial detox cycle which the body needs to get rid of the acidic wastes. After that my health and energy just got better and better. It's been over a year now, and I am the living proof. My girlfriend didn't have the detox symptons, I assumed she wasn't so acidic, but she also says the alkaline water gives her more energy and she sleeps better without waking up with acidic tongue.

Like Wohoo said, most people who are doubtful about alkaline water have never even tried it to see the result. While most people who are drinking alkaline water rave about it's benefits because they are the living proof and experienced the change first hand. I'm not here to brag about the water or my improvement in health, but your health is in your hands, so the decision is yours.

Good luck!

WInstonwolfe,

injecting sodium bicarb into your blood is not advised. It is too strong a dosage. Remember, injecting such a strong dose of anything (acid or alkaline) into your blood will surely kill you or mess up your blood. Injecting something into your blood is very different from drinking something.

With alkaline water, we don't inject it, we drink it as water. And although I am drinking ph9, i had my blood ph tested and it is still at the ideal balanced ph of 7.36. Like Dr Robert Young the microbilogist who recommends alkaline water said, our body is at its optimum health when the blood is balanced in pH, but preferably slightly alkaline a little. (7 is pH neutral. 7.36pH is slightly alkaline).

oh, i should say something else about alkaline water.
You know when you drink tap water or bottled mineral water, if you drink too much, you can get swollen (bloated up) and feel like wanna puke a bit? I used to have that.

But the alkaline water is easier to drink and doesn't make you bloat up.

Last edited:
Winstonwolfe,

Drinking Sodium bicarbonate is different from drinking ionised alkaline water.

Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. However, once in the blood stream, it will act as alkaline buffer and, when too much acid is around, the lungs will exhale CO2. It is quite ok if you do it once a while. The only problem with this method is that continued consumption of baking soda(sodium bicarb) will upset the potassium/sodium balance of the body, creating bad side effects as high blood pressure.

You'd need to drink gallons of it to upset sodium potassium balance Georges. Sodium bicarb is a recommended by medicos for a zillion reasons now- upset tummy, anxiety and other psychoemotive disturbance.

Can a person become too alkaline from drinking ionized alkaline water?

No. People have been known to drink as much as two gallons of ionized alkaline water daily and greatly benefited from it. On the contrary, the most common imbalance that leads to health problems is too much acidity.

I agree with you that unhealthy diets are acidic.......I disagree with you that a commercial product like ionized alkaline water is as potent as its peddlers make out.

The more acidic we are, the greater the chances for diseases such as flu, cold, cancer and arthritis to flourish. Microbiologists have found that people who are always sick have very low blood ph, the sicker they are, the lower their body pH level.

Georges, read what I said above about flushing out acid metabolites. Sick people are less active, and therefore do not get optimal circulation to all areas of the body, hence they have a higher level of acidic metabolite floating around in their system. All this can be blown off, pee'd off, etc, by more movement and a relaxed state of mind. i.e. get the ciruclation more efficient. You sound like you are passionate about human physiology. I'd stronly recommend you give science as much attention as you are the alternative therapies. You'll end up with a much more informed view and belief system........and be able to discern what is plausible and not.

The ionised alkaline water also has more oxygen in it, so it also acts as a good antioxidant, giving our body what it needs most - more oxygen. Also, it filters out the chlorine and other stuff from our tap water. The water molecules are smaller in size than tap water, so it is also more readily absorbed.

You have to be careful talking about ionized anything. Have a read of this to clarify your understanding of organic chemistry and the meaning of ionization.
http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

Good luck!

Hi Yo-yo ma and Zig,

The proof is in the result I get.
As long as it works for you and you are happy to pay for, then keep it up.
Dr Young who was interviewed by Tony RObbins, said that when our body and blood is acidic, the blood cells clump together and cannot carry enough oxygen to our cells. Also, when it is acidic, yeasts and micro organisms thrive in our blood. Without proper red blood cells, people's energy decline as the body is not getting what it needs most - oxygen. Also when acidic, the acid waste makes our body expend more energy to detox and get rid of the waste, and also hold on to fat/cholestrol so that the acidic blood doesnt burn holes in our arteries. So when you alkalize, the acid is neutralised, and the body doesnt need to detox so hard or hold on to fats as before.
Note that according to Dr Robert Youngs own site, he is not a medical Doctor. Wikipedia states the Clayton College of Natural Health (known as the American Holistic College of Nutrition prior to 1997), a non-accredited distance learning school in Birmingham, Alabama awarded him an N.D. (doctor of naturopathy).

The main point is that he sells the water on his own site, as as such, has a vested interest in making the above claims.

http://www.phmiracleliving.com/water.htm

Winstonwolfe, Yoyoma,

I won't continue to debate with you guys. But I have experienced the real result of improvement of my energy and health from alkaline water. I am the living proof.

You haven;t even tried it yet. Again, like I said, most people who doubt it are people who have never tried it anyway.

By the way, Dr Robert Young is a phD, microbiologist, nurtitionist and research scientist. He studies people's live blood cells under the microscope. The proof is in the blood! He gives many lectures to medical doctors about his findings each year. Bear in mine normal doctors are not research scientists. The National Inst of Health (NIH) Dr Solomon was amazed with what he saw in people's blood samples when he went to Dr Young's lecture. Even Dr Solomon is a believer now after he saw people's blood cells(acidic and alkaline).

Thanks for sharing your experience Georges.

There will always be cynics. Plenty of people don't want to try anything new as well. They may not feel they have a problem with their health.

I first found out about the work of Dr. Young about 2 years ago, from Anthony Robbins as well. I bought & read his book titled 'Sick and tired". I then made a few changes to my diet, having much more vegetables & salads. I have experienced improvements in my health and level of energy. Then I moved to London and found it a bit harder to maintain the good habits, so I have lost of bit of the momentum in terms of eating healthy. It is hard to stick to an alkaline diet. There are many food that I enjoy that are not alkaline, like sweets and wine for example. So drinking alkaline water to compensate for our bad eating habits seems like a great approach.

I'll give it a try. I have seen recently a resurgence in me of hay fever and tiredness that is not good.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I believe lots of other people can also benefit from it. However, you need to feel that you have a problem first.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Cheers,

I am definitely a believer in alkaline diets... I followed one when I was training for wrestling competitions, but I also had a high amount of protein for strength & recovery reasons. My diet was basically eggs, meat and the only carbs I ate were fruit & vegies... except for post-workout when I would consume simple sugars & a protein shake and one meal which was an exception, a slice of bread in the morning for breakfast upon waking up I reasoned I could get away with and help keep me sane. All other meals would be a big bowl or 2 of fruit and some form of meat.

I was the leanest, strongest and fittest I'd ever been in my life... and like you say, energy levels were through the roof!

Hi Georges,
Thanks for sharing your experience with the forum.

Is there any way to try this alkaline water for a month or two, without having to spend over $1500 on the machine?
Eg, can you buy it in bottled form, etc?

Sounds great if it really does work, and probably worth the money then. But I'd like to see some proof that it would actually work for me, before spending so much.

Thanks
:)
Lily

Georges, can you tell me what the components of this very expensive water machine consist of? I gather there's a filter and a swish looking outer casing, what else :rolleyes:?

It's just that when something is that expensive, should you be telling people to give it a try, when there is no credible scientific research that shows it works?

It's not like the $5 piece of copper you put around your wrist for arthritis, which by the way, some people swear by and others say does nothing.

The 30% placebo affect is always taken into account when studying new medicines. Don't under estimate the power of the mind, it's a very powerful thing and capable of changing how one feels physically.

I have actually worked with 2 people in wheelchairs that believed (not malingerers) they were paralysed, and one that thought she was blind. The blind one can now see, and one in the wheelchair got rid of it eventually, completing a University degree a couple of years ago, and I hear is doing quite well.

All truly believed they were afflicted with serious medical problems. At the extreme and rare end of the spectrum, but just to give an example of how we sometimes can become well or unwell.

Hi Weg, LilyHouse and others,

All I can give is my testimonial and experience of what benefits I got from it.

If you are interested in how it works, go to the distributor's site www.theionicmall.com to see the video and product specs.

I don't know how the machine actually works (eg the components etc, u have to ask a scientist/engineer), but the machine basically separates water into 2 streams - alkaline and acidic. You drink the alkaline water, while the acidic you can use for external use (eg washing hair, face, and also useful for disinfecting as the acid water can kill germs). Also you can control the level of pH of the water output. I started drinking from the mildest alkaline level when I started, now I have slowly gone to a stronger pH.

If you are worried about the price, you can go for their basic range. I think it is called "Micro-Light" model, I saw it on sale price about $800. But say you use this machine for 5 years or 10 years, break it down to daily investment on your health it is only 40c a day. And you can drink it with your family, say 2 people. 20c per person per day. Where can you get filtered, ionised and alkaline clean water or food for 20c a day? Eg, I bought the $1700 model, and I share the usage with my girlfriend, sister, and mum. Too cheap!

As for your question about bottled water, I dunno if any bottled water are alkaline though. I tested a few brands with pH strips, a few brands showed acidic (pH strip showed red).

As for the placebo effect, if I was the only one who experienced improvement from this water, then fine. BUt what do you say when many users have gave positive feedback? There are people with chronic fatigue gone, allergies gone, etc. Although the manufacturer is shy to claim it can cure any disease, because advertising laws prohibits them to do so and also for liability reasons. So if all medicine or food gives us placebo effect? Next time eat chilli powder only for every meal for 3 days, and imagine it is rice, see if the placebo effect can save you. hehe. Like i said, certain food and drinks has certain inherent properties, we can't escape that. Not every cure can be attributed to placebo effect. If not, doctors would have been prescribing sugar pills for every illness.

Forget the claims by cynics saying that drinking alkaline water is bad. I drink it and my health gets better. I am not dead or ill! Water in the range of pH 8 - 9 is still drinkable. The machine only produce alkaline pH level that are drinkable, nothing over the drinkable limit. I've been drinking pH 9 for more than 9 months, and my blood still tested pH neutral. Why? THis is because 95% of the food we eat are acidic (pH between 2.5 - 6), so since we are eating such strong pH acidic food, we need a strong pH 7.1 - pH 9 to neutralize the strong acid that we frequently eat. (actually 4 parts alkaline neutralizes 1 part acid, so we need 80% alkaline in our diet, which is hard to achieve). Like I said I can't live on rabbit diet, so I opt for alkaline water to neutralize the acidic stuff I eat. I still love my kebabs!

In fact, even our physical activity and stress leave a strong acid residue or by-product in our body. There is nothing much else that gives us a strong alkaline to counter the acid (other than sleep, adequate rest, deep breathing, but how strong alkaline can these be?) So drinking alkaline water can only balance your blood pH, since our diet and physical activity tend to sway us over the acid side. If you check your own diet, frankly how many % is acidic food? It is usually more than 80% for most people, the total opposite of what is recommended (80% alkaline, 20% acid). As for Dr Robert Young selling alkaline products, well it is natural isn't it? If you knew and believe some product is beneficial to people, wouldn't you consider do a business to help more people and spread the news? What's wrong with that? Anyway, Dr Young is not related to the company selling this water alkalizer(the company is Japanese/South Korean and they sell worldwide), in fact Dr Young is one of their customer. He is using a Jupiter Melody model like the site says. Dr YOung has also recently appeared in CNN, talking about how alkaline diet can help reduce excess weight.

The machine has gone thru years of research by Japanese, who are in the forefront of ionic technology. I went to Japan last year, my friends house has water alkalizer. Because of Japan's poor tap water quality, they have been very interested in ionic technology, and especially when they believe in "Ki" (chinese "Chi") which they call life energy which can benefit our body.

The company has a research department in Japan and have patented many new stuff, and have also won many awards for best product, best technology etc (see below)

Here's some info I can find:

<paste>

Jupiter Science

Established date: Emco Tech 1970
Doong Yang 1982 [over 25 years in the water ionizer field]

Products: Medical equipment, filters, and water purifiers

Head office/ factory location: 163-3 Dodang-dong Wonmi-gu Bucheon Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Also research and manufacturing factory in Japan.

Related Companies: Dong Yang Bio Valley, IonPia, IonLife, Winia System, Dong Yang, Ionia, Jupiter Science, Emco Tech

OEM Jupiter Companies : Hyundai, LG, Samsung, Toyo Industries

Technology overview:

Over 20 patents, plus registration of many new designs
Over 30 water ionizers developed
10 hot and cold water ionizers patents applied for

International certificates such as:
* UL(U.S.safety certificate) obtained
* CE (European safety certificate) obtained
* JIS (Japanese safety certificate) obtained
* FDA health device safety certificate
* ISO 9001, ISO 14001 certificates
* Industies first Good Manufacturing Practice certificate
* Industrial Medal of Merit (from Japanese Emperor)

Approval for medical equipment manufacturing - Ministry of Health and Welfare
Strong focus on technology development and quality excellence

Export

Brand name and Manufacturer: JUPITER SCIENCE
International Export Company: ROYAL WATER
World leaders with exports to over 30 countries in the world.
Production plant largest in Asia - able to manufacture over 100,000 units a month

Jupiter Science History

May 1982 Jupiter Dong Yang Science Co. Ltd. was established

February 1986 Approved to produce Medical materials by the Ministry of Health and Welfare (No.226)

February 1986 "Jupiter-3" Approved( Korean Machinery Research Center No.39-073 )

July 1987 "Dong Yang Happyate" approved ( Korean Machinery Research Center No.39-082)

November 1987 "Jupiter-365 Astonion" approved ( Korean Mach Research Center No.39-409 )

December 1987 "Jupiter-88 Lady" approved ( Korean Machinery Research Center No.39-163 )

April 1989 "Jupiter-700" approved ( Korean Machinery Research Center No.39-097 )

July 1989 Registered Jupiter Trademark No.174096 ( The Office of Patent Administration )

April 1990 "Jupiter-1100" approved ( Korean Machinery research center No.39-113 )

July 1990 Registration of Utility Patent Design (No.105908) "Hot and Cool Ionizer" registered by the Office of Patent Administration

July 1991 Obtained UL approval ( Underwriters Laboratories Inc. )

July 1991 Obtained JIS Approval (Japanese industrial standard)

November 1991 Registration of Utility Model Patent (No.0603325) "Hot and Cool Ionizer Device" registered by the Office of Patent Administration

October 1992 Registration of designs (No.1133119) " Main body for Hot and Cool Purifier" registered by the Office of Patent Administration.

July 1993 Registered Grade A Electric Appliance Manufacturer (No.3-8-351) Kyonggi-Do City

July 1993 Joined Electric Appliance Safety supervision Association

July 1993 Registered as member of Korean Trade Association.

December 1993 " Electric saved Ice maker" approved by Korean Industrial Promotion Administration

March 1995 "electric shaved Ice domestic use" approved by Korean Industrial Advancement Administration.

April 1995 "Electric hot and Cool Purifier" approved by Korean Industrial Promotion Administration.

June 1995 Registered Trademark (No.315979) of Hexa Jupiter by the Office of Patent Administration

September 1995 Registered Trademark (No.322179) of Jupiter by the Office of Patent Administration.

September 1995 Purchased an Industrial Complex in Kwangmyung-City Model Industrial Complex.

October 1996 Start to operate the Second Factory in Buchon-City

March 1996 Win official commendation as an exemplary enterprise from the Office of National Tax Administration.

March 1997 Approved to produce materials by the ministry of Health and Welfare (NO. 610)

March 1997 JM-901, JT-801 and JA-701 approved

June 1999 Registration of Utility Model Patent and Item Approval. (JP-101) registered by the office of Patent administration.

March 2000 Obtained CE Mark (JA-701)

October 2000 Changed Company name to DongYang Science Co., Ltd.

April 2001 "Electric Mattress" approved by Korean Industrial Promotion Administration

June 2001 Obtained ISO9001 Certification

July 2001 Obtained CE Mark Approval (JP-101)

Since 2001 yet to be updated

Awards

Industrial Medal of Merit (Japanese Emperor)
Chosen by Hankook Ilbo (Korean Newspaper) best product award
Chosen by Sports Seoul as best product award
Chosen by GOOD DAY Best Product Award
Chosen by Hankook Ilbo (Korean Newspaper) Customer Satisfaction and Top Quality Award
Most Promising Medium Sized Business Award (Corporation for the Promotion of Medium Sized Business)
Kyunggi Medium Sized Business Award (Kyunggi Area Medium Sized Business Corporation)
Most Promising Medium Sized Export Business Award (Corporation for the Promotion of Medium Sized Business)
New Specialized Technology Venture Business Award (Kyunggi Area Medium Sized Business Corporation)
First Industry Water Ionizer Manufacturing 1 Million Dollar Export Tower Award
Secretary of Health Award
Chinese health permit
Best Health Device Good Manufacturing Practice (KGMP) Certificate
Korean President Commendation
Venture Business Award ( New Technology Business)
Family Industry Business Assignment (Corporation for the Promotion of Medium Sized Business)
Business Foundation Environmental Technical Research Office Permission (Korean Busines Promotion Society)
Jupiter Science Patents

Conversion valve for water ionizer 2002. 2. 5 Application Number 0006454

Electrolytic cell with water ionizer

Conversion device 2001. 8. 29 Registration Number 0308448

Circulative electrolytic solution producer with propeller 2002 11. 29 Application Number 0035692

Ionized cool and hot water producer 2002. 11. 29 Application Number 0035693

Electrolytic cell that produces

Sterilized water 2002. 11. 29 Application Number 0035694

Portable water ionizer 2000. 9. 28 Registration Number 0206115

Conversion valve for water ionizer 2000. 3. 5 Application Number 0171338

Conversion valve for water ionizer 1999. 12. 3 Application Number 0171338

Conversion valve connection mouth for water cooler / heater 1997. 11. 26 Registration Number 0114306

Water dispenser after ionizing 1991. 8. 6 Registration Number 0060332

Water ionizer mounting (water supply handling) 2002. 11. 29 Application Number 0034169

Ionized water mounting

(Filter mounting) 2002. 11. 29 Application Number 0034177

Conversion valve for water ionizer 2000. 5. 18 Registration Number 0022154

Body of electrolytic cell for water ionizer 1995. 5. 23 Registration Number 001296

Water supply distribution panel for water ionizer 1995. 5. 23 Registration Number 001295

Body of water cooler / heater 1992. 10. 23 Registration Number 017160

Jupiter Science water ionizers were the first CE approved water ionizers on the market and have a state of the art production plant capable of manufacturing over 100,000 units a month. They continue to lead with the lowest return/repair rate in the industry and their Research Department is always far ahead of other imitators in the field.

<end quote>

Last edited:

Since when is oxygen an anti-oxidant?

How can you make a water molecule smaller?

How do the machines ionise and alkalise water?

Even if you could somehow dissolve more oxygen in water, how would this benefit the body when we absorb oxygen through the lungs?

These are pretty basic questions, pun fully intended.

You can keep asking How & Why forever.

Then what?

You can only experience results when you try it out. It's results that matter most to me.

The scientific explanation as to how it is working is interesting but not essential. Do a google search on alkaline diet and you will find plenty of reading there... but it won't make much difference in your life until you try it.

Cheers,

Since when is oxygen an anti-oxidant?

How can you make a water molecule smaller?

How do the machines ionise and alkalise water?

Even if you could somehow dissolve more oxygen in water, how would this benefit the body when we absorb oxygen through the lungs?

These are pretty basic questions, pun fully intended.

Hi Apocalypse,

I am not a scientist and can't really help u there. But I have read many research saying the alkaline water is antioxidant and also has more oxygen molecules and ions. I guess the blood needs to carry oxygen to the cells, and it doesn't have to only come from oxygen that goes into our lungs?

As for the water molecule size, it is because they have been gone thru an ionisation process by electric (the machine), and has different combination of H and O.(see below)

See below for scientific explaination, good luck! I also understand that Japan hospitals are using alkaline lifestyle and ionic technology to treat cancer now. But if you have any illness, please always seek medical advice first - if the chemo and drugs can really cure anything before it kills off the normal healthy cells. Anyway, see below scientific explaination why antioxidant:

<paste>

How It Works
Ionized water is very alkaline (if your ionizer makes the water alkaline), has a high redox potential (i.e. it is a good antioxidant because its ORP value is very negative), and it has its water molecules in smaller clusters than normal water. All of these things can help inhibit the spread of cancer and aid in killing cancer cells, directly or indirectly.

Ionized Water
Ionized water can work on cancer in three major ways. Because it is a good antioxidant, meaning it has a very negative ORP value (Oxidation Reduction Potential), it neutralizes free radicals (i.e. ROS - Reactive Oxygen Species), making many oxygen molecules available to the cancer cells; either to slow the growth of cancer or to kill the cancer cells. This is done with the hydroxyl ions in the ionized water.

Unlike hydrogen peroxide, which adds oxygen molecules to the body (i.e. they don't already exist in the body), ionized water makes existing oxygen molecules, already in the body, available to the cancer cells by giving them electrons. This actually has advantages because it removes damaging free radicals at the same time.

Ionized water is also very alkaline. Cancer cells do not thrive in an alkaline environment:

Dr. Keiichi Morishita in this book, The Hidden Truth of Cancer, states that if the blood develops a more acidic condition, then these excess acidic wastes have to be deposited somewhere in the body. If this unhealthy process continues year after year, these areas steadily increase in acidity, and their cells begin to die and mutate.
Other cells in the affected area may survive by becoming abnormal(mutated); these are called malignant. Malignant cells do not respond to brain commands. They undergo a cellular division that is out of control. This is called cancer.

Modern medicine in America treats these malignant cells as if they were bacteria or viruses. It uses chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery to treat cancer. Yet none of these treatments will help very much, if after all of that, the acidic environment remains.

Drinking water that has a high alkaline pH, because of its de-acidifying effect, will help in preventing cancer. In Asia, alkaline water is regularly served to patients, and is considered a regular part of treatment.

Water molecules in our body do not individually float around, they exist in clusters of water molecules. Ionized water clusters are significantly smaller than normal water cluster. A water cluster generally consists of about a dozen water molecules. Because the cluster is so big, the water clusters cannot penetrate many places in your body. By making clusters half that size, in terms of the number of water molecules per cluster, the clusters (i.e. the water) can penetrate into more places in the body. The shape of ionized water clusters (a hexagon) also helps them get into places regular water cannot go. These things are called making "wetter water."

In addition to these things, ionized water removes a lot of toxic waste products from the body. In fact there are many other benefits to drinking ionized water, most of which have nothing to do with cancer.

I suspect that virtually all brands of water ionizers are made in Japan or Korea, or the parts are made in Japan or Korea and they are assembled in the U.S. Japan and Korea are where most of the research is taking place.

The reason this is considered a primary treatment, is because of its antioxidant activities. Several less-effective antioxidants are considered to be primary treatments, thus it is only reasonable that this would also be considered a primary treatment. There are testimonials of people being free of cancer by living an alkaline lifestyle. Mostly, research scientists and some medical practitioners write about the benefits of alkaline water and diet, although the mainstream medical profession and universities (except a few) is slow to follow. There have been several medical and research papers and also books written about alkaline diet benefits.

Another thing to consider is taking a bath in ionized water. This will help get oxygen into the body without having to go through the digestive tract. Add a gallon, or more, to your bath water.

Last edited:
You can keep asking How & Why forever.

Then what?

You can only experience results when you try it out. It's results that matter most to me.

The scientific explanation as to how it is working is interesting but not essential. Do a google search on alkaline diet and you will find plenty of reading there... but it won't make much difference in your life until you try it.

Cheers,

Last time I checked electrolysing water produced gaseous oxygen and hydrogen.

Googling alkalysing water produces a list of sites selling the same things espousing the same benefits, often verbatim. Plus a few debunking the idea. These ones actually make sense.

What does " 4 parts alkaline to neutralise 1 part acid" mean?

At a guess I would say the lack of scientific research is due to the fact that we already 'know' that a person that is going about their daily business (as opposed to lying in a hospital bed) has a fairly neutral ph.

The body has it's way of working to keep it that way. Certain illnesses and conditions will change the ph, rather than the ph causing the illness. We don't need to be monitoring or trying to adjust it. All of us sitting here typing will have a ph within the normal range just like you.

It's usually very sick people, often with life threatening illnesses, who's ph will go out of whack, and it's then that Drs. will try and fix the condition that caused the ph anomoly, not the other way around.

Georges, I have a nursing background and worked in the ER and your food ph connection doesn't make much medical sense at all.

Winstonwolfe, Yoyoma,

I won't continue to debate with you guys. But I have experienced the real result of improvement of my energy and health from alkaline water. I am the living proof.

You haven;t even tried it yet. Again, like I said, most people who doubt it are people who have never tried it anyway.

Georges, hang on a minute. Didn't you say that you are into an alkaline diet as well as the ionized alkaline water? And didn't you say you got into Anthony Robbins recently too? And I suspect you started making a whole lot of other changes to your life after being motivated by Anthony. maybe you aren't drinking as much booze, maybe you have set some goals and are going to bed early, maybe you have just increased the volume of water you have per day. There's no way your personal anecdote is proof of anything Georges, just as Robert Young's findings mean nothing until reviewed by his peers. I've met at least a dozen PhDs who go off on tangents researching outside their specialty, and have no idea what they are talking about. They don't know the bulk of the literature nor the artefacts that can trap an untrained mind.

Georges, if you are feeling better since taking the water, my money would not be on the water, but the changes to diet and lifestyle and mindset.

Every 2-3 years the natural therapies industry comes out with a repackaged cure all. Comfrey, acidopholous, Aloe Vera, K12, Wheat Grass juice, Echinacea, Tahitian Noni Juice..........do any of those sound familiar? if they were the great cure alls their proponents claimed, hospitals would be out of business.....

As you admit, you are not a scientist, and therefore have no ability to evaluate the apparent scientific explanations of the ionized water brigade. So why try and wrap it up in a scientific explanation? I'll tell you why these guys do it.....because they are leveraging off the good name of science to make a few more sales.

Science is science.....it isn't pseudo science.
Something has either been put to a randomized controlled trial and produced significant results that refute the null hypothesis, which has been reviewed by other experts in the field.....or it has not.....

I don't care whether anyone wants to spend their money on these products that haven't been proven yet use apparent scientifici explanations for their results.....all it confirms to me is that the majority of people in the developed world are scientifically ignorant, and open to believing anything.

Believe in Anthony Robbins all you like, but respect that there's a lot of others on the forum and in the world who have already spent thousands on such stuff.....and to our minds, your anecdotal testimonial is but self delusion. We are all entitled to an opinion about this stuff. You brought it up on the forum, and you'll get cynicism if cynicism is due.
And to my mind it is....disagree all you like, but be careful trying to convince anyone that ionized water can heal cancer.

You brought it up on the forum, and you'll get cynicism if cynicism is due.
And to my mind it is....disagree all you like, but be careful trying to convince anyone that ionized water can heal cancer.

You make a great cynic WinstonWolfe.

It would be more credible if you had actually tried it and could share your experience.

Cheers,

Man, you cynics are funny.

Now you are assuming I was on booze?! Maybe you should say I was on drugs and cocaine before I found alkaline water too. As to answer all of those, no, I don't like to drink alchohol, don't smoke, no drugs. I prefer soft drinks and fruit juices to alcohol. I still drink lots of soft drink now. I am not even a fan of much junk food. Before alkaline water I have tried several things - diet, detox fasting, liver cleanse program, etc. Yes these do have positive effect (made me detox), but I couldn't do them for long.

People, please. I am merely giving my personal experience on the improvement I have from alkaline water drinking. You guys are making your own assumption that my health improvement has nothing to do with alkaline water. WHAT IF you were wrong and it had everything to do with my health improvement??? I mean, I am talking about me and my health/lifestyle and what I did, not about your health. Ok, you are free to think what you like. But please don't come and assume I was on booze or anything! If you don't believe alkaline water has any positive effect, then FINE! Nobody is forcing you to believe.

Weg, working as a nurse doesn't mean you know a lot more about the blood or alkalinity or etc than research scientists such as Dr Robert Young and others. If alkaline water's ability to detoxify the body doesn't make sense to you, then maybe you really don't understand it. I don't understand how a car works, and I admit it. I don't say that "cars don't work since to me it the mechanics of cars don't make much sense". Maybe if you were a research scientist or microbiologist then you could write a medical paper to knock down alkaline water.

If you listen to TOny Robbin's interview with Dr Young tape, they mentioned even Dr Solomon of the National Inst of Health was amazed by Dr Robert Young's findings. Dr Solomon initially agreed to meet Dr Young for 2 hours, he ended up staying 2 days and looking deeper into Dr Young's evidences shown on blood cell samples and by the end of it he was a believer. I recommend people to find that TOny Robbins interview with Dr Young and listen to it.

I'm not telling anyone that it can surely cure cancer. I do not have cancer, so I don't have the experience. The quote I pasted was from a website that researched the facts of the usage of alkaline water in Asia. BY the way I am not claiming it can cure cancer, any info that I paste I do type <paste> where I copy from another article.

Anyway, believe it or not its up to you. I am the living proof of the benefits (see my first post).

I am not holding a gun to your head forcing you to believe it.

What HouseKeeper said is right. If you did try it and could make a valid judgment, then probably you are in the place to say whether it works for you or not. I mean, you guys who don't believe have all never tried it. You are still analysing. Its like saying "how can ice cream taste sweet and cold? No i haven't eaten ice cream before, but it doesn't make sense and I don't believe it. Maybe something wrong with your tongue that made it taste sweet?" All the analysis in the world cannot prove why something is so! We don't live in a world of analysis, we live in a real world of choices - actions- results. If you try it and it doesn't work for you, then fine. Try something else. But it may well work for someone else.

Remember, you could also use the placebo effect in reverse. If I give you the best thing in the world and you believe/imagine it is crap, then you probably don't appreciate the positives of it and won't experience the benefits, even if it really does have benefits.

Back