Has anyone drank Alkaline Water before? Lost weight and cured chronic fatigue!

Just thought I'd like to share this with you guys! :)Has anyone drank alkaline water or gone on an 80% alkaline diet before? If yes, I would like to know your experience too! Maybe anyone who is an Anthony Robbins fan will be familiar with that I'm talking about here. I have been drinking something called Alkaline Ionized water for about just 1 year everyday, and I'm just blown away by the improvement in my energy and health!

How did I start? Well I first heard about the benefits of alkalizing after a friend told me to check out the info. My friend had heard about it from Anthony Robbins who swears by it and that it is the key to unleasing our energy and health. Anyway,he gave me a Tony Robbins's tape where Tony interviewed Dr Robert Young, a scientist who studies live blood cells and says excess acid in the blood causes a lot of health problems. And having an 80% alkaline diet/20% acidic will balance our excess acidity (balance the Ph) and cure a lot of symptoms caused by over-acidity in the body. Ok, first time I hear this theory, I thought. Basically, his research is that when you alkalize, you energize your body and your body gets rid of excess acid waste/toxin. So when you alkalize, your body naturally detoxifies away the acid waste as they get neutralized. Simple enough.

The problem? Vege and avocado was like the only few food that was alkaline! The rest - eg protein, meat, carb, sugar are all acidic, or turn into acid in our body. Anyway, our body gets too acidic very easily as a by product of acidic diet, stress, lack of rest, lack of proper breathing(lack of oxygen).

But really like all men, the scientist's suggestion of a diet of 80% of vegetables/salad (about 6 servings each day he suggests) was nearly impossible for me. I'd starve if I survived on 80% rabbit food! So I followed his other suggestion which is to drink green drinks(made of vege/grass powders) or drink alkaline ionised water. Tried green drink but I didn't like the yucky taste. So in the end, I actually bought a water alkalizer ioniser last year from www.Theionicmall.com after learning that this dr Young is also using that same brand water alkalizer. It's a machine(about 300mm tall and I put it on my kitchen bench next to sink) that filters and cleans the tap water, while at the same time alkalizes it. I thought since I'm drinking water anyway, might as well drink filtered and alkalize my body at same time! Well, one year down the road, I'm amazed of the changes!

Firstly, I've lost some weight effortlessly (no change of diet at all, still eating the acidic foods I like, but the alkaline water helps neutralise excess acid), am now back to my ideal weight. I wasn't too overweight, just outta shape after 30 years old & would like to get fitter. Now my body shape has gone heaps better and fitter:cool: According to them, over acidity can cause overweight problems, and also cause difficulty in shedding the weight.

That's why many people on protein diets they lose weight by losing water, but they add a lot of acid into their system, and they get bad breath, tax their kidneys, get tired, and look dry(since they are severely dehydrated) and look older than their real age. If u watch the video in the website where i bought my machine, the scientist says our body is so intelligent that it makes our body store more fats(alkaline) in order to protect us from the excess acid in our blood, to prevent the acid from harming our organs and arteries. So if you reduce the acid(neutralise it by alkaline), the body doesn't need this protection mechanism of holding on to lots of fat anymore. Anyway, donno if i explain it good enough, watch the video in that site for better explanation. So if you are overweight and like to reduce weight, don't blame your body because it is trying to protect you from acid!

Secondly, I used to have such bad stress (from overwork) and chronic fatigue that I could get flat tired after a short walking in the city!! I mean, literally so tired and out of energy that I get shortness of breath and need to sleep. But after just about 3-4 months drinking it, I noticed that my energy has improved heaps! I regained energy to exercise with ease again! I could jog without getting flat out, which means my stamina and energy's back. Now I can walk all day in the city (I actually walk and back from work now, about 8km each day across the city and dont feel a thing!) Also, overall, after my energy level came back, I felt overall happier and lighter. I sleep 1 hour less now. Also I think the alkaline water contains more oxygen and act as antioxidant to your body.

Thirdly, I used to be dehydrated, but now my skin has got better moisturised, and my hair is shinier (not as dry as before) My girlfriend told me:p. ALso my lips don't crack anymore. Also girlfriend told me:p

Fourth: I used to get allergies and hay fever very often. But since starting my drink last year(actually 1 year + ago), I haven't had any hay fever since! Nil! And last year winter was the first time I didnt get a cold, eventhough my colleagues were coughing away.

Actually 3 months after I bought mine, I also bought one for my dad! He's also very happy with it. He also lost some weight and reduced the size of his tummy! Now he fills up a bottle with his machine at home, and brings the bottle to work every day! I also do the same, and the alkaline water has a slight sweet taste, and when you drink it, it's very cooling and hydrating. Something about it carrying more oxygen molecules and also easier absorbed by the body.

If anyone else has also been alkalizing, please share your story! Any Anthony Robbins fans out there?

If u like to find out more, there is a short video about alkaline water at the distributor's site www.theionicmall.com at the front page.

George,

Very interesting but I had a look at the website and found the water purifiers a wee bit to dear for me, I did notice the air purifiers though and remebered hearing that there are now light globes on the market the ionize the air thus purifing it as the particles floating in the air clump together and fall to the floor.

hi george,

Yes i've been drinking alkaline water for almost 3 years. Love it!
My machine is the older model from the same distributor as yours, but mine is called the "Melody", an earlier model. Great investment for my health. I even use that water for cooking, as it is filtered and makes the cooked food eg rice, dishes taste better - bring out more natural taste of the food. I drink about 3 litres a day, one before lunch, 1 after lunch, 1 at night. What I like about it is that this water is easier to drink, taste sweeter and when you swallow it is cooling as it has more oxygen in it. With normal tap water, I felt like gagging if I drank too much, but this water I can drink heaps. Good way to keep you properly hydrated.

Also the machine has another outlet for acid water as the water gets separated with the ionisation process. The acid water is not for drinking, and is sold in some countries as 'beauty water' as it is used for external washing eg moisturises the skin/hair. I also use the acid water to disinfect my sink and kitchen, good to kill bacterias and germs.

I also own a air ioniser in my office and in my room at night. Makes the air smell like mountain or forest air.

hmmm, the mind is a powerful organ. You might as well just drink some very diluted laundry bleach. Same result (physically anyway, maybe not in the mind though) and lots cheaper....

hmmm, the mind is a powerful organ. You might as well just drink some very diluted laundry bleach. Same result (physically anyway, maybe not in the mind though) and lots cheaper....

Is that so? Do you mean you want to volunteer to drink some bleach and just use your mind to think its orange juice? Remember to report back the result if you really do. hehe
:)

I find that for anything new most people who dispute it are the people who have not even tried it. They are still working in the mind - debating at the level of logic and analysis of something they have not even tried or experienced. While the people who have tried it have reported lots of improvements and benefits. Results is king- result is what we are all looking for. Not theories.

A principle in NLP says it adequately: If it works, great! If after u tried it and doesn't work, then try something else! If you don't even try, you never know and never grow!

Last edited:
i've come across some very interesting studies that shows cancer cannot survive in an alkaline body.

the medical professional and drug companies will deny this as there is no money to be made in alkaline diets - but if you know anyone suffering cancer then what have they got to lose - but personally i'd also keep going with the convential medication.

right Lizzie,

microbiologists who look at cells under microscopes have confirmed and written reports that cancer cells are always surrounded by an acid 'pool'. It is the acidic environment that is making the normal cells mutate (ie.what we call "cancer cells" are mutated cells) because the cells are not living in their ideal environment anymore.
Also, even in the 1960s, scientists have shown that by starving a cell of oxygen supply, the cells will turn cancerous. Cells taken for experiments that are deprived of oxygen 100% turned cancerous.

However, drug companies and the "big schools" supported by drug companies still cannot accept this fact, they always say "well this scientist may have done his research, but we haven't, so it's not concluded", and they continue to take donations to try to find a magic pill that can make cancer go *ping!* and fade away. Because the drug companies are not interested to know why or what causes a disease, they are more interested in making billions of dollars each year from selling drugs eventhough the drugs has lots of side effect. Everytime a scientist or report comes out saying acid or lack of ozxygen causes cells to mutate and turn cancerous, it gets published a while, and then slowly people forget it and continue on to search for the magic pill instead of figuring out "how can we change our diet/lifestyle so that we can get more oxygen and reduce acid waste".

The society only wants to cure an illness once they get it, as if cancer etc are something that randomly attacks people without a cause. They never look at their own lifestyle, stress level, and most importantly, their diet.

Shows the importance of oxygen and alkalinity.

Interesting Alkaline Diet Article from www.medicalnewstoday.com
Although this article only addresses the effect of excess acidic diet (in this case, causing GERD or "acid reflux/acid belching"), it still forgets to mention how an excess acidic diet is in the long run causing many other problems.

"Alkaline Diet Can Combat The Effects Of Acid Reflux
Main Category: Acid Reflux/GERD
Also Included In: Nutrition / Diet
Article Date: 25 Jul 2007 - 0:00 PDT

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), more commonly known as acid reflux, affects 19.8 percent of adults in the United States (roughly 47.3 million people). Those who suffer from the disease can attest to the sometimes crippling discomfort it causes. Although medications and surgical options are available, increasingly, medical professionals are touting the benefits of consuming a more alkaline diet in order to control acid reflux.

For both immediate and long-term survival, the body must maintain balance between acidity and alkalinity. In fact, the link between dietary pH balance and various health issues has been recognized by physicians since the early 20th century, although it is only recently creating buzz. This is because the modern diet is vastly different than it was 100 years ago due to the wide availability of protein. Since protein is now a significant component of most meals, the bulk of the current American diet consists primarily of foods that leave an acidic residue within the body. This occurs when food is metabolized and broken down, leaving certain chemical and metallic residues which yield either acid or alkaline potentials of pH for the body.

The human body genuinely wants to seek balance, in all forms -- GERD is simply a result of a long-standing pH imbalance. When too much acidic food is consumed, the stomach can't digest it completely. The excess undigested food then turns into acid waste, which causes stomach spasms or twitching leading to an increase in stomach gas. This gas increase forces open the valve between the esophagus and stomach allowing stomach acid to retreat into the esophagus."

wohoo,

Not to mention the alkaline ionised water has more oxygen molecules and acts as an antioxidant too. I think also the water molecules are smaller and more readily absorbed by body. I think the water gives my body more oxygen and therefore more energy and fitness / stamina.

I walk about 4 - 5km to work everyday, and then back again in the evening. While before, my chronic fatigue made me tired,sleepy and short of breath if i just walked for shopping in the city! What a difference it makes in a few months.

I think you may be referring to Dr Harry Goldblatt's research about the link between insufficient oxygen to cancer? (below)

Anyway there have been lots of research done about the oxygen - cancer link. Oxygen makes our blood more alkaline, while carbon dioxide and any byproduct makes it acidic.

<paste>
The Most Essential Nutrient

We can live for weeks without food, days without water, but only minutes
without oxygen which is so vital to our health.

Scientists have discovered from air bubbles trapped inside fossilized amber
that earth's ancient atmosphere contained 30-40% oxygen. Today our air
contains only 21%. In our cities that figure drops to around 15%, and inside
buildings to as low as 10%.

Hypoxia is the first disease caused by lack of oxygen. Many scientists
believe we are all, to some degree, chronically oxygen deficient.

Taking supplemental oxygen gives a health boost. There are water oxygenating
products and oxygenation of the blood is achieved with organic gemanium.

The benefit of introducing oxygen is that it kills harmful bacteria,
parasite, and fungus.

Here's What the Experts are Saying...

"The link between insufficient oxygen and disease has now been firmly
established." - Dr. W. Spencer Way, Journal of the American Associates of
Physicians.

"Hypoxia, or lack of oxygen in the tissues, is the fundamental cause for all
degenerative disease." - Dr. Steven Levine, "Oxygen Deficiency" Molecular
Biologist

"Cancer has only one prime cause. It is the replacement of normal oxygen
respiration of the body's cells by an anaerobic (non-oxygen) cell
respiration." - Dr. Otto Warbugh, Nobel Laureate for Cancer Research

"Lack of oxygen clearly plays a role in causing cells to become
cancerous." - Dr. Harry Goldblatt, Journal of Experimental Medicine

"It is the lack of oxygen in proper amounts in the system that prevents
oxidation and oxygenation, which energizes the cells to biological
regeneration." - Dr. Friebott

"Oxygen plays a pivotal role in the proper functioning of the immune system;
ie resistance to disease, bacteria, and viruses." - Dr. Parris Kidd

Georges

I don't believe in these quick fixes.

If you drunk 3 littles of normal water a day you wouldn't feel as hungry and your weight would have dropped anyway.
Just by doing this, your skin would have felt much smoother and healthier and you would have probably had the same results.

If you also walked 8K each day as you are doing now
your physical condition and your health would have improved as well
so you would have had exactly the same results

I don't know how much the machine itself contributed to your overall health improvement
but 1 thing is certain. It motivated you to start drinking water.
This (water) in my opinion is the secret of a healthy life.

I have a friend who cured himself of prostate cancer by eating vast amounts of fruit and veg in vitamised form, because he couldnt consume the same amount whole. Dr couldnt explain cancer retreating

I'm a great fan of Anthony Robbins and understand about the need to alkalize and to cleanse body fluids. Have drunk a lots of water & seeing improvement.

The problem I see is in finding a cheap and plentiful source of green water, to use every day. Orange juice is a good choice but pricey (eg. Daily Juice brand).

Haven't tried alkalized water but will give it a go. :)

Thanks Woodoo and Georges for the links.

Back