Has anyone ever used PS corporation (Aust) Pty Ltd? (in Melbourne)

Hi Guys,
First Time poster. Im in my late 20's and wanting to start getting into subdvision to manufacture some equity.. I only have a general idea of the process and thought of engaging a 'full service' subdivision company to hold my hand through the process. I have gotten a referral to consider Property Subdivision Corporation Aust Pty Ltd (159 Dorcas St South Melbourne) by someone who has used them previously. I have been told they give an excellent service and very experienced but I'm put off by $24K 'Property Locater' fee; basically this is for finding a suitable site in a suburb of interest that they 'guarantee' can be subdivided otherwise they will refund your money. This is compelling but seems quite pricey- is it worth it to not have to do months of searching/ potential failed feaso's/ peace of mind?? This is on top of approx. 50k for full architect plans & permits and approx. 20k services and connections and 350k dwelling construction costs.. How does this compare to other full service subdivision companies? Has anyone got any positive (or negative) experiences with other companies out there in victoria?
Appreciate your feedback

So if you buy a property for say $400k and it can't be subdivided, they just say "Oops, sorry about that, here's your $24k back, enjoy the property!"?

In that case I only charge $10k for the same service!

Read and learn, that should only cost you a few hundred dollars. Plus even if you don't get a perfect subdivision done the first time around and miss out on say $30k, in my opinion you're still better off doing that, as you'll learn a great deal more than if you're just assigned a property for $24k.

Hi Guys,
First Time poster. Im in my late 20's and wanting to start getting into subdvision to manufacture some equity.. I only have a general idea of the process and thought of engaging a 'full service' subdivision company to hold my hand through the process. I have gotten a referral to consider Property Subdivision Corporation Aust Pty Ltd (159 Dorcas St South Melbourne) by someone who has used them previously. I have been told they give an excellent service and very experienced but I'm put off by $24K 'Property Locater' fee; basically this is for finding a suitable site in a suburb of interest that they 'guarantee' can be subdivided otherwise they will refund your money. This is compelling but seems quite pricey- is it worth it to not have to do months of searching/ potential failed feaso's/ peace of mind?? This is on top of approx. 50k for full architect plans & permits and approx. 20k services and connections and 350k dwelling construction costs.. How does this compare to other full service subdivision companies? Has anyone got any positive (or negative) experiences with other companies out there in victoria?
Appreciate your feedback

Do they guarantee that subdividing the block will show a profit?

Personally i wouldn't fork out 24k,i find other leisures cheaper ;)

twiggymcg,why do you need a hand through the process?

Learn,read and ask questions...Mate it may not be for you but then again it could be?

I dunno,some have the might and some have sleepless nights,think about it.

Cheers

Wow yeh, after all that money you have to pay them and their associated companies I'd want to make sure there is a profit left for you in it. I'm sure if you were prepared to do your own legwork you could better a lot of their prices like many on this forum currently can, and actually do.

Why don't you have a read around here and educate yourself a bit more first?

Wow yeh, after all that money you have to pay them and their associated companies I'd want to make sure there is a profit left for you in it.

Yep been sitting on this overnight and thinking wont be as much fat left once they've taken their share :eek: I think their 'guarantees' attracted me as its my first crack at it and previous property has just been a cosmetic reno and hold type- but honestly at the end of the day there really aren't guarantees if sh#t hits the fan (especially if you've already bought the house :p )

I think, as suggested, ill spend some time just absorbing and learning from these forums and try and select a project on my own. At least by getting hands on will be invaluable experience and learn a ton more.

Appreciate everyones feedback. Many thanks

I had an initial meeting with them regarding a block i had in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Personally, I wasn't really confident that they could assist me and so, went down the road of obtaining a town planner with architect. Most architects and town planners usually offer some sort of free initial consultation to discuss feasibility before proceeding further.

Thanks for that feedback ulvit.
When I do eventually find something that ticks the boxes definitely gonna go down that road now. Very helpful.

Back