Has anyone heard of Victor Kumar???

Hi,

Want some advise of investing in property, went to see this guy but want to know if ayone out there has any experience with him.
Thanks!!

I assume you are talking about in a mortgage broker sense? He was in the July or August API last year and I have seen him at a few auctions but don't know anything about his broking business.

From their website

"Where we come from
The Right Group is was founded in 2001 by Victor and Reshmi Kumar.

Victor and Reshmi came to Australia in 1997 with $4500 in their pockets. After working as Radiographers in Sydney, they purchased their first investment property in 1999.

In 2001, Victor and Reshmi owned a number of properties and Victor was doing his Financial Planning Certification.

They recognised a need in the market. People just like them didn’t know how to successfully invest and were losing their shirts.

Victor and Reshmi decided that they wanted to give something back to the country that had given them so much and teach other people like them to do the same thing.

So the Right Group was born.

Now with over thirty one property transactions under their belt, they’ve never looked back. "

31 prop transactions in 10 years .....! and they want to teach the investors how to do it with "insiders secrets" and their "seminars"...!

quite funny actually.

And it doesn't even say what sort of property transactions. Are they their own transactions? Or ones they've advised to clients? Do they count buying and selling the same property, for example, as two transactions?
Alex

Is Victor Kumar still around? His website has dated info on it and though he's acted as a buyers agent for clients, he doesn't appear to hold a real estate licence. What's happened to him?

Different guy, Evan. I know who you mean, but can't for the life of me recall his name.

Victor and the Right Group are still going as far as I know.

Victor is still around, well he was when i saw him 5 minuites ago.

Victor currently does lots of renovation properties, and currently has 58 properties under various stages of renovation in his business.

He doesnt act as a buyers agent, his business partner does.

Kissfan he lives @ 42 mate! :)

Im sure he will laugh when he sees this post with both positive and negative feedback.

I've got a couple of clients who are radiographers. Highest PAYG income I've ever seen, all on a 38 hour week. Some of them pay more tax in a month than others gross in a year. 39 properties in 10 years is easily achievable if these people put their minds to it.

I've met Victor and Nathan (and Steve) at the Tues night catchups in Parramatta - a few SS'ers go there too!

EDIT: just saw PT_bear's post..... wow.... and I was *this* close to enrolling in nuclear medicine and radiography when I left school. Went for a degree with a higher cutoff instead... Who knows what may have been :D

Victor and Steve (Rightgroup) are giving back and doing what they set out to do. That is help others on their journey in property investment. They have fortnightly meetings at Rydges at Parramatta and are very giving of their time and knowledge. They (along with Nathan) got me going after sitting on the fence with 1 property for years.

Their website is-
http://www.therightgroup.biz/

Victor and Steve (Rightgroup) are giving back and doing what they set out to do. That is help others on their journey in property investment. They have fortnightly meetings at Rydges at Parramatta and are very giving of their time and knowledge. They (along with Nathan) got me going after sitting on the fence with 1 property for years.

Their website is-
http://www.therightgroup.biz/

That's great- sometimes it takes a mentor or property investor to get you inspired and moving, doesn't it?! I well recall listening to a really enthusiastic renovator colleague many years ago and their obvious passion was a catalyst for me as well in jumping right in :D

Who is Steve? There doesn't appear to be a surname on the website at all. ASIC site reveals that The Right Group are certainly a business and have been for just over a year though:

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 17:47:41 on 05/08/2010
Name RIGHT GROUP PTY LIMITED
ACN
137 752 553
ABN
27 137 752 553
Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 18/06/2009
Next Review Date 18/06/2011
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Baulkham Hills NSW 2153
Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Nathan, kudos to you for being so young and achieving so much- I admire your passion and obvious drive- how many marriage proposals did you receive from the Morning Show?!!! :D

Kissfan he lives @ 42 mate! :)

Im sure he will laugh when he sees this post with both positive and negative feedback.
Too funny Nath.

Make sure to say hi for me.

Victor, if you read this...DWH.

To anyone interested, I echo the thoughts that Victor,Steve,Nath (& Kate)
are all doing a great job.

Regards
Marty

How is it that "giving" while charging fees and taking commissions?
It's called selling not giving

So can you explain what exactly are they "giving"? :confused:

Ok it's a business and they do charge $10 for the meetings. I think that's pretty cheap. Part of the business is also the Buyers agent but no-one is forced to use the service. For as little as $10 anyone can be part of the "giving".

Ok the "giving" part. Steve and Victor will sit down individually with people and discuss their goals etc (no charge). At meetings Victor, Steve, Nathan and Kate stay back for hours chatting, discussing peoples thoughts, problems etc.

All have given me time and information (as they have many others) for no monetary gain. They have been instrumental in helping many people begin their investment journey. The networking at the meetings is a great thing too. I have met many likeminded people.

I know it's your job to knock people and that's fine. I think it's good to question everything. I know I do. So above is my take on it. Others are free to agree/disagree, whatever.

I know if I hadn't met them I'd still be sitting on 1 or 2 IP's.

Jacque- Steve is Victors partner. They both own Rightgroup. They got sick of competing against each other at auctions.:D

Victor currently does lots of renovation properties, and currently has 58 properties under various stages of renovation in his business.

He doesnt act as a buyers agent, his business partner does.

So one partner does the buying and renovations and his business partner flogs them of to attendees at a $10 property investment seminar.

Back