Has anyone heard of Victor Kumar???

Here's my take:

You hire them as BA: you pay a fee
They recommend finance: they get a commission
They recommend a lawyer: they get a commission
They recommend an accountant: they get a commission
They recommend a renovator: it's there own or they get a commission

The question being are you getting real unbiased advice or just siphoned into a commission machine.
And are these commissions disclosed.

There's plenty information out there for those who want it.

Hi Piston

All rebates, referral fees, commissions have to be disclosed on a Section 47 Disclosure form (PSBAA 2002) setting out both the name of the person or company being referred/recommended, the nature of the relationship and the amount of value of consideration (fees or benefits being passed to the BA) so buyers would know beforehand if there was likely to be any conflict of interest here. In fact, our company's Sec 47 form stipulates referral sources and clearly outlines the amount of value of consideration- in our case it's a column of full of NILS.
As long as buyers know of this upfront and full disclosure procedures are being followed I fail to see your point here.

I am defensive also to the point where I was being told by other members that we get commissions where actually I refer to one solicitor that Jacque refers to so Jacque will know if comissions are payable or not. Rightgroup states their comissions recived on the agency agreements, which is NIL. Who else on here has been paid a comission before? I know I have never been paid one. I know rightgroup recive none, I encourage you to get in contact with all their trades and services to confirm this and all the realestate agents out there.

Hi Nathan

See my earlier post to Piston on this point. I trust whichever solicitor we're both recommending has been good to Steve's clients :D And yes I believe NIL is the best way to go when recommending external services.

Back