Has anyone used propertybuyer?

I have not used them as a BA but I know the owner Rich Harvey from a number of years ago in another capacity, and he is a straight up good guy

We used them to approach certain properties in the north shore area we wanted.

They required to pay a retainer upfront which is fine but beyond sending out letters and follow up letter with no result they would sort of give up. Sure it is hard to cold call owners but there was no real pushhiness which is what I was looking for.

I guess its my fault because I was after a buyers agent who would literally be threatened by the owners with an AVO before taking no for an answer.

I guess its my fault because I was after a buyers agent who would literally be threatened by the owners with an AVO before taking no for an answer.

How does this suppose to make the owner of the house want to sell the house to you? :eek:

Last edited:
How does this to suppose make the owner of the house want to sell the house to you? :eek:

We were willing to pay above market value. It just required a buyers agent to help guide the owners that it was financially beneficial for them. Help show them that with the extra money they could upgrade to a much better house etc....

I guess what I was trying to say was to not give up after being turned down the first time.

I guess I should elaborate as well that if there was no reply after multiple letters they didn't follow up with a door knock either.

We were willing to pay above market value. It just required a buyers agent to help guide the owners that it was financially beneficial for them. Help show them that with the extra money they could upgrade to a much better house etc....

I guess what I was trying to say was to not give up after being turned down the first time.

I guess I should elaborate as well that if there was no reply after multiple letters they didn't follow up with a door knock either.

We do it day in and day out and have a good idea what is the best and most effective acquisition strategy. Letters and door knocking is a very time consuming and super low success rate strategy so your retainer probably even didn't pay for their time. It is really unreasonable to expect a professional buyers agent to be pushy / threaten owners or any such thing... :confused:
That's not the way we operate...

We do it day in and day out and have a good idea what is the best and most effective acquisition strategy. Letters and door knocking is a very time consuming and super low success rate strategy so your retainer probably even didn't pay for their time. It is really unreasonable to expect a professional buyers agent to be pushy / threaten owners or any such thing... :confused:
That's not the way we operate...

So what is the best and most effective way to buy a property that is worth $1,000,000 but you are willing to pay $1,250,000?

So what is the best and most effective way to buy a property that is worth $1,000,000 but you are willing to pay $1,250,000?

Exactly, what is the best method for a buyers agent to go about trying to acquire off market property??

What is there besides door knocking and letters? I would think a phone call would be worse because as soon as you drop the word agent you immediately loose any respect from the owner.

Back