Hasn't been a good day.

My house didn't sell at auction so I did a deal with the interested party. down 10% after being neg geared for three years. :bummer:

Now I find my on-line broker is legs up with 35 grand in that account. I expect I will get it back...... eventually!:(

My house didn't sell at auction so I did a deal with the interested party. down 10% after being neg geared for three years. :bummer:

Now I find my on-line broker is legs up with 35 grand in that account. I expect I will get it back...... eventually!:(

Sorry to hear that sunfish I hope things get better for you in the near future.

Sundays always too far away,do you mean your broker has done a runner or has passed away..willair..

Sundays always too far away,do you mean your broker has done a runner or has passed away..willair..

Bankrupt. I quizzed them after the Opes Prime mess and they swore on a stack of bibles that they were guaranteed by Saxo Bank. Now we find out . LOL

my day's pretty s__t too.

just found out someone close to me has terminal cancer - and it's raining - and i left my wallet at home so i'm starving.

great one.

Sorry to hear Sunfish. Do you mean 10% from your purchase price 3 years ago or 10% down from your asking price?

Cheers,
Oracle.

Sonray Thommo?

I've also got an account with them (if that's who you're referring to). Only play money in my account though. Still frustrating though.

Hope better days are ahead for you mate.

Regards
Marty

Bugger.....Who was your online broker?

I often worry about that. I think it is a risk to have all eggs in the one broker basket, even if that's Commsec or Interactive Brokers. Who knows what sort of dodgey exposure they have via hedging strategies and market making.

I also worry about gold etf's and other derivatives. If a major shock hit the markets, I am sure a lot of these things would evaporate, skinning the retail client. :mad:

We had our latest IP appraised yesterday...good news....but I reckon I know the market better than the REA, and we wouldn't get a valuation at his price, nor a sale.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the last 2 days' bear to bite the aud. It has no business at 0.8682. Though unpegging the yuan (well, in theory) should support the aud a bit.

Bankrupt. I quizzed them after the Opes Prime mess and they swore on a stack of bibles that they were guaranteed by Saxo Bank. Now we find out . LOL
That's no good,i may pay a bit more to talk too the broker i use but it does pay off,i have never liked online brokers better to talk to someone face to face,i hope it works out for you,is this a Nth Qld Based Broker
good luck willair..

Hi SF, commiserations & all that. Let's all wallow a bit.

I didn't have too good a fortnight either. Credit card up to $20K -ve though it's a smoke & mirror thing. Will get them back to 0 in 2nd week of July. And get a big tax deduction.

Shares ... lost 70% of what I paid for them, though realised gains = 10%; tax refunds will net 5% so total a whopping 55% loss on paper.

I've put 1 property up for sale - goes to auction on 1 July. If it doesn't sell, I'll have to consider retrofitting it to attract a higher paying tenant.

But after 5 years, I've started getting paid income & quite enjoying the work too. And someone asked me to commit to another job.

I'm waiting for a storm of abuse from siblings - they all think I should not be working!!

So, hope it helps to know that other people are having some crappy times too!

KY

Sorry to hear SF. It won't be pleasant dealing with the delays and non-access of your funds whilst the bureaucracy sorts things out. Patience mate, I had something similarly un-nerving in late 2008 :(

Here's what I've just read about Sonray:

http://www.businessspectator.com.au...pd20100623-6P662?OpenDocument&src=hp2&src=pmm

As for the property, only you can know what was the correct thing moving forward (for you and your situation/circumstances/goals). Sometimes it's necessary to sacrifice and lose a little to prevent losing more (by way of gearing and capital values) and also opportunity loss for your funds to hold non performing assets.

To others, easy to say, however as we all have had events that sour from time to time, I find some perspective on health, family and whatever else strikes a cord on your core value hierarchy is paramount. ;)

We aren't dodging bullets, we have modern amenity and live in a safe, clean and wonderful country.

Peace :)

Sonray Thommo?

Pick a kuwpie doll Kissfan. :D

There was a lot to like about them but I was never comfortable so what i had there was my "short term" portfolio only. My account manager (small enough that you get to know your a/c manager) rang later and hopes to have our accounts transferred shortly.

So it's survivable. :D But it's been a funny week: Mrs Fish had a cataract operation on Monday so I've been driving her around etc. S'pose I'll have to go and do some work tomorra. :eek:

Pick a kuwpie doll Kissfan. :D

There was a lot to like about them but I was never comfortable so what i had there was my "short term" portfolio only. My account manager (small enough that you get to know your a/c manager) rang later and hopes to have our accounts transferred shortly.

So it's survivable. :D But it's been a funny week: Mrs Fish had a cataract operation on Monday so I've been driving her around etc. S'pose I'll have to go and do some work tomorra. :eek:
Sunfish you are very lucky that you are getting the funds back,there is so many of the geniuses in the investment world that have not got any idea when it's "OPM"..willair..

Sunfish you are very lucky that you are getting the funds back,there is so many of the geniuses in the investment world that have not got any idea when it's "OPM"..willair..

Thanks mate. I'm pretty sure we are much better off than the Opes victims.

I would have bought a miner or two this morning if my account was still active though.

Such is life. :D

Today I woke up and fell to my knees to thank God for another day (or part thereof).

Anyday you are not 6 feet under is a good day, particularly after spending yesterday morning at a funeral for someone I saw last saturday on the street looking fine for his 70+ years.

Back