Have I missed the boat?

Inner Brissie is booming, if you have the cash then just buy next suburb out, it's only a matter of time the cg will come just don't buy a apartment...., less risk and faster growth than Toowoomba

Pfft... i'll buy anything that has potential gain.
We have a unit in inner west Brisbane that has gained 30% in value.
Given it is the size of a small house, but still there are profits to be made.
In the current market you are better looking to manufacture gains as there is a tonne of overpriced stuff esp -10km from CBD

Providing all the underlying fundamentals remain the same, how any particular suburb has performed over the past 10-15 years will give you a pretty good indication on its future performance.

Have you checked those, and what have you found?

Most suggested North Brisbane areas such as Aspley,Alderley, Clayfield and Zillmere all have around 5% 10 year growth and very little 5,3 and 1 year growth

Most suggested North Brisbane areas such as Aspley,Alderley, Clayfield and Zillmere all have around 5% 10 year growth and very little 5,3 and 1 year growth

Go back 15 years ( previous cycle) and have a look. Check out all the underlying fundamentals. CG performance is the outcome/result of those.

Wealth Sabotage is the best for helping you with setting financial goals and monitoring your progress..

Wealth Sabotage is a package that Dale co-wrote with his son, James Gatherum-Goss of Melbourne based accounting firm House of Wealth. It is available on CD or as a direct download, and combines a 44 page booklet as a PDF along with a series of very powerful spreadsheet tools enabling you to be your own financial architect/engineer.

Dale is well known for simplifying difficult and complex matters such as tax and trusts; and here he takes the mystery out of financial planning. The Wealth Sabotage package is designed to help you with setting financial goals and monitoring your progress whilst explaining why so many people do not succeed in achieving their financial goals. It is also the first time that Dale fully explains, in writing, the concept of "Investment Schizophrenia" that he has spoken about for so long.

I just had a look at this package. I spent about 1.5 hours reading the booklet and playing with the "Wealth Sabotage!" spreadsheet. Definitely worth a look for those starting out (like myself: 1 IP). His discussion of goal setting particulary relevant to me. I reckon I've got my $24 worth and I haven't even looked at the living off equity spreadsheets yet. I think this income calculator is more thorough though.

I just had a look at this package. I spent about 1.5 hours reading the booklet and playing with the "Wealth Sabotage!" spreadsheet. Definitely worth a look for those starting out (like myself: 1 IP). His discussion of goal setting particulary relevant to me. I reckon I've got my $24 worth and I haven't even looked at the living off equity spreadsheets yet. I think this income calculator is more thorough though.

Glad you have found the package to of great value. Overall its the best & most helpful program I've come across. The power of it lays in its overall objective. I think its a must have for anyone serious about starting out down the property investment road.

In relation to the budgeting sheet, obviously everyone's expenses are not completely the same. Some will have more & some less, however the sheet can easily be edited to tailor an individual's personal circumstances. All you need to do is simply edit it to reflect those.

Toowoomba/Gold Coast

Picked up a 2brm unit in Rockville Toowoomba just before Christmas for $176k just had it valued for my Super and its come in at $210+. Still like T/Ba for reasons already stated, Airport, infrastructure etc. More growth yet to come I believe.

Prefer Gold Coast to Brissy at present. Light Rail, New Hospital, Upgrade to Pac Fair S/C and Comm Games in 2018. Just bought a house in Highland Park so hope I'm correct.

Cheers Bullfrog

Picked up a 2brm unit in Rockville Toowoomba just before Christmas for $176k just had it valued for my Super and its come in at $210+. Still like T/Ba for reasons already stated, Airport, infrastructure etc. More growth yet to come I believe.

Prefer Gold Coast to Brissy at present. Light Rail, New Hospital, Upgrade to Pac Fair S/C and Comm Games in 2018. Just bought a house in Highland Park so hope I'm correct.

Cheers Bullfrog

I also have one in that area, out of curiosity who did you get to value it? I also saw some good growth in a short amount of time,

Do you guys suggest units or houses? I have never been to towoomba...

There is alot of unit development in the pipeline for Toowoomba, you can pick up a ok house for around 250, I'm not suggesting either, is just my opinion, you would have to do your own DD, but A couple of ph calls to some managing local rea agents would help

Have you thought about buying one in Logan and one in Toowoomba?

Last edited:
I should have around 70k saved up by the end of the year. I could possibly look at Logan also. Hopefully there is still growth by the time I'm ready to buy

I should have around 70k saved up by the end of the year. I could possibly look at Logan also. Hopefully there is still growth by the time I'm ready to buy

Yup, definitely look at Logan m.sewell. Try to aim to buy in Logan before the end of the year before the Draft Logan plan is ratified by the State Govt then finalised by Logan City Council. Logan will be allowing dual living/dual key to separate groups of tenants in the same house, allowing you to build granny flats and rent it out to separate tenants and running businesses from home. Dual living with land in the right locations that have been earmarked for higher density development. You just got to know what to look for and where, you'll be right. You'll achieve both capital growth and cash flow ;)

Thanks Beanie girl. Does the block have to be a certain size for granny flats?

As far as I know, m.sewell, the block has no minimum size requirement for a granny flat. The maximum size of the granny flat may be stipulated in the finalised Logan Plan. The suggested max. size for granny flat was 70 sqm in most places under the Draft Logan Plan.

Actually now that I am looking at trying to get DA for 30-40 units, 70 sqm is a large 2 bedder unit (excl. balcony), lol! I used to think 70 sqm for a granny flat in Logan was small, now I realise, it's actually a comfortable and spacious 2 bedder unit size in Melbourne! Hahaha!
My architect said he's designed 55 sqm 2 bedder units in Northcote and he said it was a comfortable size. Naturally, I looked at him horrified!:eek:

Yup, definitely look at Logan m.sewell. Try to aim to buy in Logan before the end of the year before the Draft Logan plan is ratified by the State Govt then finalised by Logan City Council. Logan will be allowing dual living/dual key to separate groups of tenants in the same house, allowing you to build granny flats and rent it out to separate tenants and running businesses from home. Dual living with land in the right locations that have been earmarked for higher density development. You just got to know what to look for and where, you'll be right. You'll achieve both capital growth and cash flow ;)

Will this extend to Beenleigh/Eagleby?

Back