Have we been ripped off by Mortgage Watchdog?

Hi,

I have purchased the Home Deluxe Bundle from Mortgage Watchdog this week. They only sent me the CD with no instruction manuals, no cover letters....and none of the bonuses they were advertising on their website. (Bonus 1 - "Insider secrets on where, when and how the banks make mistakes with your money", Bonus 2 - " the bankers checklist"
Bonus 3 - "bankers hotline").

When I installed it on my PC, I got an installation error. I went on the Mortgage Watchdog website and tried to find a contact phone number. I searched the entire site and could only found a fax number 03 8610 1034. There was no contact name, or address. I looked up the White Page, but the company is not listed there. Anyway, I called the fax number and got an answering service asking me to leave my name and credit card details.

I decided to contact the software developer and went on Kevin Nowland's website called www.interestsavers.com.au. I found that the same "Home Deluxe Programs" cost $99. Yet the Mortgage Watchdog ( Kevin's distributor ) is promoting the package to Somerset Forumites at $159. And they claimed the package usually cost $199 to the public.

I have emailed both Kevin Nowland and Mortgage Watchdog for an explanation of the price discrepancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Thanks Tracy,
They say to "Never under estimate the word of mouth!" where business is concerned.

Reply: 2

Hi

I also bought the software with the same result. I also tried to contact them but could not find a phone number. Would be very interested in the outcome.

Deb

Reply: 2.1

Hi Debbie,

Subject - Have we been ripped off by Mortgage Watchdog?

You said, "I also bought the software with the same result. I also tried to
contact them but could not find a phone number. Would be very interested in
the outcome."

Welcome to the two-tier consumer product market.

Ross Sondergeld ~ Buyer Agent

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" Imagine buying real estate the easy way...
...with a Buyer Agent on your side!!! "

Buyerside Real Estate Mobile 0412 289 464
Office 9b, 34 Glenferrie Drive Office (07) 5562 1555
East Quay Corporate Park Fax (07) 5562 1248
Robina QLD 4226, Gold Coast [email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply: 3

Hi Debbie,

I couldn't find Mortgage Watchdog's contact phone number anywhere on their website.

However, Kevin Nowland from Interest Savers, who developed the software, can be contacted on
Phone: [+61] 2 9413 4986
Fax: [+61] 2 9412 3215
Email: [email protected]

Mortgage Watchdog is Kevin's distributor.

Regards
Tracy

Back