Have you studied Think and Grow Rich?

Have you studied Think and Grow Rich?

Hello everyone, :D

Over the last 3 years I have had in my possession the book “Think and Grow Rich” written by Napoleon Hill. The book was introduced to me by Lindsay Tavner, the founder of Doors Plus.

It took me approximately 6 months to completely read the book for the first time. I was always finding an excuse to put it down or leave reading it until I went to bed to start reading where I promptly lost interest and fell asleep. I have now read this book 4 times in the last 12 months and am only just beginning to start practicing it. Faith, Desire, Sex Transmutation etc where foreign to me before I started to actually accept these as facts that control my and everyone’s success, whether we think about them or not.

It would be interesting to know how many of you out there have studied Think and Grow Rich and how it has impacted your life, financially and socially.

Do you have a statement written on paper that you read out aloud everyday as the book suggests?

Do you use the Master Mind principle?

How many times have you read Think and Grow Rich?

What are your thoughts about the Think and Grow Rich philosophy?

Any other input, experiences and ways you have enjoyed/disliked this book welcome.

Cheers :D

Mick

Last edited:
Hey Mick,

I think I've read it about 4-5 times!

Probably one of my all time favourite books.
It was one of the first ''self-help''/motivating books I read as a young adult at 19-20 y/o.
Having read this, all the rest of the books in this genre I read I found were different versions of the same message.

Certainly influenced my life in many, many ways and I think contributed to my successes.

I have read it twice now

- once when 18 and got alot out of the early chapters in terms of motivation and positive thinking without going to deep into the finer details of the book
- and again at around 21 after reconsidering things when finished up with a network marketing business and got alot more out of it the more I read and reflected

Thanks for reminding me as I think that will be next on the reading list when get back home :D

he's a bit loony tho huh? having board meetings in his head from what I recall? had various imaginery 'in-house' experts

maybe i will read again, been 20 years

Lifestyle preference I would say.. personally I cant read a book whilst driving or going for a walk.

Last edited:
Would people recommend the audio book or the paperback book?

I have listened to the audio book twice in the last week. Would never be able to get that much information into my head by reading the book.

I would suggest having both. Use the audio book for convenience and quicker gathering of information, and when you have time, go through the book and underline important sentences and areas that take your interest.

Cheers

Mick

I have never read it! and I was in Amway for years!!!lol
I went out and bought it yesterday since you guys all seemed to think it was pretty good.

I was involved in a master mind group where we studied one chapter per week and then brain stormed the ideas the following week.

It had a profound effect on my future direction in life as well as some of the others in the group. There are some who have become quite famous and infamous in the investing world following on from our group.:cool:

Mick:
Do you have a statement written on paper that you read out aloud everyday as the book suggests?

No, but similar dialogue is that which rattles in my mind, along with a few other things.

Do you use the Master Mind principle?

Hmmm, I'm more....my own Mastermind, principle according to "me"...what I have learnt, learning, accruing-over time from various resources, some people, life and my own temperament/makeup...within.

How many times have you read Think and Grow Rich?

Once.

What are your thoughts about the Think and Grow Rich philosophy?

It gels well with (my) Our Obsession thoughts, actions, reactions, I am Master of my own fate, Commander of my own Soul. I like it like that.:p

Any other input, experiences and ways you have enjoyed/disliked this book welcome

Not sure if folks realised the origins of a couple of lines used in the book, the poem, "Invictus" is utilised, (part thereof):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul

That, has quite an inspiring story to tell on it's own..

Whats the best price you guys have found for the book in Sydney?

To tell you the truth I never thought anyone actually bought it.

Stuart Zadel gives them away at his seminars and sells them to people in bundles of 10 (or is it 20?) very cheaply. People who have seen the light are supposed to give them to friends to help them on their journey.

I would have thought there would be hundreds floating around.

I dont take the book or its tasks too literally. It was written ages ago and times have changed.

Its a bit 'out there' if you know what i mean.

Having said that there is lots to learn.

Im currently reading it for the first time & will encourage younger people i know to read it. Im 25, wish id read it at 16, so by the time i cared & read it a 2nd time at 18, i wouldnt have made the mistakes i have... For the record, i bought my copy in e-book format & had it bound at officeworks.

Back