Having troubles getting minutes from last body corporate meeting

I've recently had a building and pest inspection completed on a unit I've been successful with. The inspection came up with a few issues and I was told by the inspector to request the minutes of the last body corporate meeting to see if there were any plans to rectify the issues. I've requested it 3 times but the seller is stating this is something I can request. I've called the body corporate involved twice and have been told as I'm not the registered owner they can not release any information to me.

I've come to a dead end with the seller not cooperating at all. I've already extended the building and pest deadline but it runs out for a second time tomorrow . Apart from requesting it for a 4th time I have no idea where to go from here. I still want to purchase the property but the seller is continually giving me the run around stating I can request the information or my solicitor can.

Anyone been in the same situation who can give me some advise here?

Why isn't your conveyancer getting this for you?

That's who I'd be talking with.

Usually the vendors allow access to the potential buyer via writing.

You then head down to the body corp office, pay a nominal fee, and have a read of all the correspondence.

Perhaps there's something they don't want you to see.

Cheers

Jamie

Our convenyancer said they can inspect the body corporate records but this will incur a $300 fee. All we require are the minutes from the last meeting which as buyers are entitled too.

I'm interstate so unable to attend to the body corporate myself.

Hi Ryan

I'd inspect everything - not just the last minutes.

That $300 sounds like money well spent.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks Jamie.

Looks like I'll be doing this. I've already had one extension to the building and pest deadline, do you think I'll be able to get another one as it expires today?

I've requested an extension so that we can do an inspection of the body corporate records but have been told this could take 7 days. I've requested a 7 day extension but the sellers are refusing and saying I can have until 5pm today.

Is that allowed? How can they refuse?

We are entitled to do this search but they are refusing.

It's as though they are wanting us to pull out..

Is this a purchase in WA? If it is, I don't think the general joint form conditions help you - it probably was something you should have done earlier.

Otherwise I'm less familiar with the other states and their standard terms.

Again this is something your conveyancer should be advising you on - well ahead of time too.

Back