heads up on inspection w pm

Unit has been rented out for over a year. New tenant in earlier this yr.

When I go to the inspection with the pm any things to look out for? I don't suspect anything untoward. Just thought it a good policy to get in and have a lookie-see every anon.

Unit has been rented out for over a year. New tenant in earlier this yr.

When I go to the inspection with the pm any things to look out for? I don't suspect anything untoward. Just thought it a good policy to get in and have a lookie-see every anon.

Have a good sniff (literally) for signs of pets (if they're not allowed), smoking inside (if it isn't allowed) and more sinister substances. Insense or scented candles burning is a giveway of an attempted cover up.

Examine the floor in areas of heavy traffic to see how it's holding up. Check out the kitchen appliances and bathroom fixtures to see if they're copping heavy wear and tear. Look up at the ceiling in each room to spot leaks or possum damage.

Have a look at fences so you're warned about upcoming repairs or replacement. Same goes for guttering.

Try to inspect at a time when the tenant can be there, so they can point out things that you may not notice if you go in alone. This could provide very useful advance warning of the need for upcoming repairs.

Back