Heat Pump!

Hi guys,

Just found out that the street that I am building on doesn't have a gas connection. I was given a choice between heat pump/ solar, went for the heat pump option. However, they wanted to sell me a Rheem unit for about 4.7k, told them to just include provision and I'll shop around myself as I've heard bad reviews about Rheem heat pumps.

Any suggestion for heat pumps / good plumbers in Adelaide that can do it upon the house completion in Adelaide?

Cheers.

You will find a post about my problems with rheem heat pumps , now have a standard electric one in its place. (secondhand)

I have a neighbour complaining about the noise of mine. the buidling regs make you put this stuff in, then at the first hint of a complaint the council is all over you for excessive noise.

I have a neighbour complaining about the noise of mine. the buidling regs make you put this stuff in, then at the first hint of a complaint the council is all over you for excessive noise.

Had the same noise issue with the problem heat pump. I think I also had a thread on here about the noise issues.

Hopefully they have improved their reliability over the years of these things.

Would be interesting to know what the government thought who dished out all these
rebates thinks about them already be replaced and in my case to a standard electric
hot water system which was what the government was trying to replace and reduce emissions.

Last edited:
Back