Heavy Metal Parking Lot

XBenX said:
I dont even know what song 3 is!

Im not that young anymore (except around here) sadly I just turned 25...

Oops . Sorry meant song 2 by Blur , not song 3. Should have checked on google before posting ....

More commonly remembered by the refrain "Wooo hooo ".

See Change ( trainee wheel chair driver )

Whats that you said? ...... My all time TOP TEN FAVORITE SONGS ....of all time.... noooo,.... we've done this.... You insist.. Weelll... okay.
Top Ten Songs ...In no particular order..........
Twist and Shout.... Beatles
Knockin On Heavens Door... Bob Dylan
Roadhouse Blues [live version] ..... The Doors
Gimme Shelter.....Stones
The Real Thing..... Russell Morris
Loves Been Good To Me .....Frank Sinatra
Sweet Home Alabama.......Lynyrd Skynyrd
Me and Bobby McGee.... Janice
My Sweet Lord.....George Harrison
Maggie May.... Rod Stewart
Under The Bridge.... Red Hot Chili Peppers
God Only Knows..... Beach Boys
Green Green Grass of Home.... Tom Jones
Whole Lotta Love.... Led Zeppelin
Take Me Home Country Roads..... John Denver .... and last but not least..
I Say A Little Prayer.... Dionne Warwick
buggar, forgot Elvis...
Kentucky Rain..... Elvis Presley

Yes Geoff,....[that may be an indication as to why we are looking to refinance].. slight attitude problem to arithmetic.
Bawley, I know... it was like an alcoholic in a bottle shop with Van... which song don't I pick.. but hang it, here it is, No 11.. Crazy Love... George Ivan [aka Van Morrison]....

TOP TEN FILMS
Gone With The Wind
Casablanca
The African Queen

redcurtis said:
TOP TEN FILMS
Gone With The Wind
Casablanca
The African Queen
Hi.

What happened to the classics like; Happy Gilmour, The Blues Brothers, The Jackass movie, Porky's, Police Academy, Stripes etc etc etc.

Regards
Marty

Hi all

Interesting thread.

Hey Marty, I really don't understand anyone getting so into a band that they choose one to create thrir nic! :p

I gotta agree though, I started listening to Kiss in 1975 before they were real famous. I used to love listening to Detroit Rock City amongst others on the Destroyer album. (Remember those big, round, black discs made of vinyl?)

Also got into Queen about the same time. I was 10 I think and everyone else my age was listening to Abba, Mark Holden and David Essex. :rolleyes:

In 1977 at the age of 12 I came across a band that I believe had one of the greatest guitarists of all time in it, Dire Straits and the guitarist of course is Mark Knopfler. I still think their song Sultans of Swing has some of the best guitar in it ever.

I had every Lynyrd Skynyrd album available at that time too. Also had a lot of Neil Young for something a bit more laid back. And I shouldn't forget Neil Diamond too, I was buying his albums at 9 while other kids my age where buying Tonka trucks.

Other bands and individuals I got into were Midnight Oil, ZZ Top, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Jim Croce, Deep Purple, Bon Jovi, Eagles and there'd be a whole lot more too.

Do you play an instrument Marty?

Cheers :cool:

redcurtis said:
Whats that you said? ...... My all time TOP TEN FAVORITE SONGS ....of all time.... noooo,.... we've done this.... You insist.. Weelll... okay.
Top Ten Songs ...In no particular order..........
Twist and Shout.... Beatles

Curtis,

Out of the entire Beatles collection your favourite song of theirs is Twist and Shout? Oh my.

What about 'For No One', 'Hey Jude', 'Eleanor Rigby', 'Yesterday', 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' and 'Let it Be'. These brilliant songs off the top of my head, I'm sure I forgot some other rippers.

But Twist and Shout are you serious?????????

Hi SOS

75 was the year I also got into KISS. Same thing applies as to the music I liked prior. Bands like T-Rex, Slade, Sweet, Gary Glitter (lol), etc, all the glam stuff, so I guess KISS was a natural progression.

I remember hating the disco era, and a lot of the music played in the 70's and 80's but isn't it funny how you sing along to them now when you hear them, what's going on there.

As far as playing a musical instrument, let's just say that I own an electric guitar and also a drum kit, but definately only a every now and then type of thing.

Regards
Marty

Yes, all this counting/dancing and singing, I'm exhausted....... see the "larger" was meant to be "lager"...jeez..... haven't even had a drink yet, [although at the time I think the lagers were larger], and I think I was singing better...should just slink out of here before anybody notices......I'm looking for my "Mick Jagger lips" logo, can't leave those lying around for any fool to play with.

Glebe said:
What about 'Eleanor Rigby',
Hi ya Glebe.

It's not often I like cover versions but I preferred The Zoot's version of Eleanor Rigby (which is a big call when you consider who penned the original). Another cover I like is the song Elouise done by The Damned.

Regards
Marty

Doons said:
You guys should try being front row at a pearl jam concert...blew me away!!

Loudest concert I've been too was ZZ Top at the Surfers Paradise raceway in 1987. They had approx 50 speakers on each of the stage stacked on scaffolding as large as the side of a 2 story house, each speaker being about 1.2 X 0.9m. Was awesome. And the sound was crystal clear and surprisingly didn't hurt your ears.

Apparently people could hear it 10 km away.

The 2 pre-bands were Rose Tattoo and The Angels.

The Judas Priest Heavy Metal Car Park reminded me of it.

Sultan of Swing said:
Loudest concert I've been too was ZZ Top at the Surfers Paradise raceway in 1987. They had approx 50 speakers on each of the stage stacked on scaffolding as large as the side of a 2 story house, each speaker being about 1.2 X 0.9m. Was awesome. And the sound was crystal clear and surprisingly didn't hurt your ears.

Apparently people could hear it 10 km away.

The 2 pre-bands were Rose Tattoo and The Angels.

The Judas Priest Heavy Metal Car Park reminded me of it.
When I was at uni, I went to a Rod Stewart concert. No big deal- except that I was getting paid double time and a half to watch it- and was a part of his security cordon at the end (my vacation job was with a trucking company).

So what's got 20 teeth and 200 legs?

The entire front row at a Rod Stewart concert.

geoffw said:
So what's got 20 teeth and 200 legs?

The entire front row at a Rod Stewart concert.
And to expand on a theme...

1. Herman's Hermits
Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker

2. The Bee Gees
How Can You Mend a Broken Hip

3. Bobby Darin
Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash

4. Ringo Starr
I Get By With a Little Help from Depends

5. Roberta Flack
The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face

6. Johnny Nash
I Can't See Clearly Now

7. Paul Simon
Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver

8. Commodores
Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom

9. Marvin Gaye
I Heard it Through the Grape Nuts

10. Procol Harem
A White Shade of Hair

11. Leo Sayer
You Make Me Feel Like Napping

12. The Temptations
Papa's Got a Kidney Stone

13. Abba
Denture Queen

14. Tony Orlando
Knock 3 Times on the Ceiling if you Hear Me Fall

15. Helen Reddy
I am Woman, Hear me Snore

16. Willie Nelson
On the Throne Again

17. Leslie Gore
It's My Procedure and I'll Cry if I Want to

Doons said:
You guys should try being front row at a pearl jam concert...blew me away!!

Mark Knopfler Sat. 12th March this year, Rod Laver Arena, 6 rows back from stage, unbelievable.
Can this man play guitar or what!
So Impressed flew up to Sydney, got 4th row tickets for Knopfler show at Enmore Theatre in Newtown for Tuesday 15th. This show even more unbelievable. Have posted photo's of Knopfler live on stage at Enmore Theatre in the photo gallery for anyone interested.
This man is truly gifted when it comes to playing guitar.

regards

Well i reckon AC/DC rock the most. Unfortunately i never had the pleasure of seeing Bon Scott but did see Brian and the boys test the foundations of the new tennis centre in Melbourne when it was completed in 1988.

ciao :)

Back