Hedland options so I need some opinions/advice please

OK, heres my tale. I have a approx 1100m2 block in Sth Hedland with a "well loved" 1970s BHP brick and decramastic 3BR/1Bath 110m2 house on it rented to a major company. By well loved I mean the place needs a lot of work to bring it up to a good standard. I figure $100K would get it close, and add $2-300 pw rent to the $1200 I already get. Obviously a lot of land is wasted, its zoned R20 or 25 if I recall correctly.
My other option and the one I would prefer to run with is bulldoze the house and block and bring in a couple of quality transportables from Perth, say 4X2 or 4X4 cofigurations and split the block. Each house will set me back about $350K plus site works, bulldozing and extras.
I have been to Hedland Council and they really didnt seem to be much in the way of knowledgable but this may have been more the people I dealt with.
Anyone done this sort of thing before up in Hedland that can give me any sort of guidance as to how I should be approaching this? Im chasing up a surveyor firstly to do a full survey to let me know where things are placed so I can work out which house options I have and also the best options to subdivide the block. From there I am pretty much at a loss as to what is required. I would assume it would be putting in an application to actually subdivide the block.
This is all subject to my finance being approved but the bank is being a pain in the butt because they cant see past the fact that having 2 houses on the block within 4-6 weeks of bulldozing will actually make one large amount of equity. All they can see is the fact I will be bulldozing the house which means rent is gone and property is lower value.....lol. This is partly due to Hedland being the unique environment it is.
I think my best option to get this past the bank is going to be to put in a full proposal with costings, valuations before and after and rental returns before and after to pretty much overload them with information so they can make a more informed opinion on it.
Ideas and opinions anyone....
thanks
Tom

Back