Heh...$23m, 46 lots, Chinese Buyer saw rainbows, a fig tree and his Fneg Shui Master

Yeah I wish my daddy had a big property development company when I was 17 too. I love these stories of poor underpriveledged battlers beating the odds and making good.

Yeah I wish my daddy had a big property development company when I was 17 too. I love these stories of poor underpriveledged battlers beating the odds and making good.

who said it was n underprivelleged battler beating the odds and making good story ? I certainly didn't get that from the headline. why does it irk you so much ?

Sounds like a bit of the old tall poppy syndrome. Not sure what you would rather the kid be doing, maybe making the paper for being the most ******** at schoolies week. Good on him, many people follow there parents footsteps from all walks of life. There would have been a story there anyway with a $23mil sale, the fact it was a 17 year old just made it a better story
Jezza

Sounds like a bit of the old tall poppy syndrome. Not sure what you would rather the kid be doing, maybe making the paper for being the most ******** at schoolies week. Good on him, many people follow there parents footsteps from all walks of life. There would have been a story there anyway with a $23mil sale, the fact it was a 17 year old just made it a better story
Jezza

Surely not, afterall we're the same investors who complain that "some people are making it harder" because they unfairly judge us. We wouldn't do to others. We're above that, we're property investors remember.

Jezza

Not at all. If I wanted to be a property developer I would be a property developer. I just don't see any newsworthy story in the fact that he is the son of a property developer who went to one of Brisbane's best schools and is now working for his father's company. With that sort of background it would be more surprising if he didn't make a $23million sale.

It would be worth reading about if he had come gone to Inala State high school and his father was a factory worker, but as it stands - big whoop. Hardly a surprising outcome and certainly not one that is worth ooohing and ahhhing over.

Not at all. If I wanted to be a property developer I would be a property developer. I just don't see any newsworthy story in the fact that he is the son of a property developer who went to one of Brisbane's best schools and is now working for his father's company. With that sort of background it would be more surprising if he didn't make a $23million sale.

It would be worth reading about if he had come gone to Inala State high school and his father was a factory worker, but as it stands - big whoop. Hardly a surprising outcome and certainly not one that is worth ooohing and ahhhing over.

But it wasnt about how good an insteor someone became against the odds, nor how grat an investor the kid is.

It was simply a story on a $23m sale.

Why are you focussing n the peson in the sotry & being sarcastic against him like in your first post if you are not cutting down a tall poppy ?

Back